Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly every thread that gets started end up with someone complaining about someone elses equipment...porting,automatics,not a real trap gun ect....their yardage...they are too close,they should be made to move up,I don't like anyone standing in front of me ect.their routine....to slow too fast,close their gun too soon.....remided me of when I first started trap shooting we were shooting on paved runways and a young fellow was really bothered by a friend of mine flippin his empties out and they went tink,tink tink across the pavement,between rounds he asked him not to do it.When we started the next box he continued to flip them out and the young guy had a real wreck shot a 13, after the box the he told my friend he was a real ass to which he replied I paid for my targets and am not gonna change my routine to suit you its not illegal and besides I'm not sure who I am gonna beat today but Im gonna beat you get your head in the game.He was right if all that stuff bothers you your never gonna be a big dog for sure,frankly once a round starts the gut next to me could be buck naked shooting 3" duck loads and I wouldn't notice and I am a B singles B doubles 25yd shooter if it bothered me I would surely be less so just curious if all that stuff bothers you what is your average.Jerry

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only if she was two yards ahead of me....maybe there is the answer to that complaint,Barry is on the job problem solving :) Jerry

·
Banned
996 Posts
I think it would probably bother me if someone was throwing his hull on the ground and it bouncing along but I would just wait until it was done rolling and then shoot when I was darn well ready. I would also save my hull and throw it on the ground as he was trying to shoot see how he liked it.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
The difference between a trapshooter and a young puppy is - the puppy will grow up and quit whining, the trapshooter never will

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just started back in trap and this is what I get from this site. It seems that unless its church quite guys can't shoot. God forbid someone screws up a guys silly little routine then there is no way on earth they can shoot the bird. I shoulder the gun and focus on the front of the trap house, I don't care whats going on around me because I'm waiting to kill the bird and not making excuses before I even pulled the trigger as to why I missed.

·
Banned
996 Posts
So if you have a $1000 shot on the line and you must hit this target and someone throws their hull or bangs their gun on the call mike or talks while you are trying to concentrate and shoot you would be fine with that? Just asken.

I think everyone has their point at which something would bother them. I just pull back and start over. I don't whine about it though. I have yet to see anyone that doesn't have a routine. Mounting your gun the same way every time is a routine.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
jmunsell, yes I would be. Been there several times and for considerably more. Can't say anyone was ever a cause of one of my misses. Once blamed a guy for scores I shot on adjacent traps. To this day I regret that!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I've had empties from automatics hitting my gun so hard I had to turn away from the shooter to put my body between my gun and the projectiles.

·
Banned
996 Posts
pheasantmaster their not the cause just the fact that they effected your mind and not sure anyone can change the way their mind thinks. Just the way it is. They make a good excuse though. Hehe

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Lou, thats funny right there. But you are right. I guess after 40 years of trap shooting... Thats why I like meat shoots, card shoots, playing games, and having fun.

Wayne

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
jmunsell, if you decided to throw a hull right when the shooter to your left was shooting you would be thrown off the squad or the shoot because you were PURPOSELY trying to disrupt the shoot or shooter. That is the ATA rules not mine.

As for an auto, I don't mind shooting next to someone with an auto. As wireguy said just put your body between the shooter and your gun. Problem solved.

What I dislike is when someone from outside the squad is loud and disruptive when you are trying to shoot. Once when I was trying to shoot someone was talking loudly. I finally turned around and I looked straight at him with a look on my face that you couldn't get wrong that I was pissed. I looked at him and drew my hand across my throat meaning shut up. A friend on the quad thought I was going to go after him at first. I wasn't but he did shut up and kept quiet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
All this concern with hulls bouncing around, there plastic with a little bit of brass or steel and there not even hot. When I hit the metallic range I usually set up on the right of a guy I know that shoots a lot of pistol, I hunker down behind a rifle or pistol working up a load with pistol brass hitting here or there without a care. Come on if a hull hitting the ground or your pant leg bothers you maybe you should take up knitting or sewing. Some of you guys would have a stroke if while on the line another shooter picked up your missed bird or was flipping crap to another shooter for missing. I wonder do you guys hunt and if so how do you deal with the poor footing while shooting or the distractions of dogs barking. You must find it impossible to shoot from a duck boat that is rocking around. Come on we are shooting a clay target that's coming from a known point and flying in a very small area, this is not rocket science why do people make such a big deal out of trap shooting like its this hard sport.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Some take making a lot of money seriously and others don't that's just the way people are. Almost everything makes me stop and start over if I have to to win the match that's just the way my brain works and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I just want everyone to show a little respect for the way my brain works and I will do the same for you. No problem if you want to have a tantrum on the line I will just wait and hold up the whole squad until your done and then I will shoot my target. I know it's not rocket since. Just me, just me.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Was on the 24 yd line and the next trap over was 27 yd shooters. They were yelling loud enough to set our birds off.....Way Way louder than necessary..

To this day I think they thought they could break their targets with sound waves.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts