Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with changing the fixed sporting stock on the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon to the 682 X Super Trap stock with adjustable comb or fixed comb. I have spoken to beretta technicians and they tell me that the 682 X Super Trap Stock will fit but may rise above the rib if the rib is the standard flat rib.

I need a stock with zero degree drop at the comb. Any recommendations based on trials.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
So when you mount your 686 you are looking at the back of the receiver rather than down the rib of the barrel?

Another option is to get an adjustable comb installed on the 686 stock.

FYI drop at comb is measured in inches or centimeters from an imaginary line that extends back from the rib.

Jason

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The stocks are interchangeable, Indy (minor fitting may be required). As they indicated at Beretta, you can expect to see a lot of the rib on your barrel. The "X" barrels have a raised step rib on them and so the corresponding stocks are higher at the comb. As a result, an "X" stock on a flat rib gun will shoot significantly higher.

What are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when you mount your 686 you are looking at the back of the receiver rather than down the rib of the barrel?

Another option is to get an adjustable comb installed on the 686 stock.

FYI drop at comb is measured in inches or centimeters from an imaginary line that extends back from the rib.

Jason
Hi Jason, I was thinking of going with adjustable comb option on the standard stock but the coach I am training with wants me to get a stock specific for international trap which I am told runs parallel to the rib with zero drop at comb. that is what stated my quest. As to response to your question about the gun mount, I do see the bead when i mount the gun but the coach's observation is that i flow on the comb when i mount the gun. He wants a consistent gun mount at the same point every time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stocks are interchangeable, Indy (minor fitting may be required). As they indicated at Beretta, you can expect to see a lot of the rib on your barrel. The "X" barrels have a raised step rib on them and so the corresponding stocks are higher at the comb. As a result, an "X" stock on a flat rib gun will shoot significantly higher.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Hi Bill , just trying to get a consistent gun mount everytime. How are you doing ?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hi Bill , just trying to get a consistent gun mount everytime. How are you doing ?
Fine, thanks, Indy.

By gun mount, do you mean that your face is inconsistent on the comb? If that is the case, I'm assuming that you want to have a parallel comb. In order to accomplish that, probably the most cost efficient and simple way is to have an adjustable comb installed that is thicker (higher) at the back than at the front. There is a fellow in Michigan that is very competent at doing that, he posts on here as Tron.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I agree with Bill, talk Tron if he can install the adjustable comb so it is parallel with the rib.

If you put a trap stock on your 686 you should put an add on rib or buy a 682 trap barrel.

The other option is to get a custom make stock with a parallel adjustable comb.

All that said you may want to look at purchasing a used 682 Trap O/U and sell the 686.

Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with Bill, talk Tron if he can install the adjustable comb so it is parallel with the rib.

If you put a trap stock on your 686 you should put an add on rib or buy a 682 trap barrel.

The other option is to get a custom make stock with a parallel adjustable comb.

All that said you may want to look at purchasing a used 682 Trap O/U and sell the 686.

Jason
Thanks for your feedback guys. I am bad at selling things. I get attached. LOL. will contact Tron and see what he has to say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts