Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The game of trap is such a frustrating sport, so close to those 25's, but no cigar! ...21, 22, 23, & 24 today, I believe this game to be 90% mental concentration, & 10% physical, the more I think on it, it's actually super easy to miss a target! Sometimes thinking too much before you shoot isn't always a good thing either! Maybe next week!
-ithaca

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I keep telling myself they can't throw a legal target I can't hit...which is true. I've shot a 100 straight in singles, numerous 25 straights from the 27, 50 straights in doubles...but that being said, the voices in my head screw me up most of the time.....sigh....

Ron Burr

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I'm convinced that the AA shooters possess one the following mental capabilites: either very bright with excellent control of their thoughts or very dull with no thoughts going through their head. Not sure of my capabilities but may reside somewhere in the middle since I have AA average remaining as a goal.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Ah baloney. If you just go buy the same gun, stock, shells, shell box holder, choke, sights, shirt, hat, ear buds etc as Harlan, you'll be just like him. Until you do that, you'll shoot sub par scores.

·
Registered
14,891 Posts
An old shooting pro/coach once told me the better shooters don't have a lot of brain power (polite way of saying they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer), and thus, they shoot well cause it is easy for them to clear their mind and not think about all the complications in life. I would agree.

Tron,....aren't you an accomplished shooter....?

·
Registered
531 Posts
so close to those 25's, but no cigar! ...21, 22, 23, & 24 today
I think if you had shot 0ne more round with the way you were tracking you would have done it...lol I know the feeling though my last 8 rounds have been 19,19,20,19,19,20,21,24 and I would have shot one more round but they closed the range at 9 pm at night...lol If nothing Ill say that I am consistent...lol

Reap

·
Registered
223 Posts
Simple game, break the bird. Sometimes it is a mental battle to quiet the thoughts , keep it simple, "focus on the bird"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts