Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
8,649 Posts
Would you Trap Shooters recommend this book ?
If I had not read or heard mention of that book again I feel we would be doing great.....some seriously bad advice in those pages.

In ref. to the forum here, if you have questions post them in shooting related and you will get alot of answers but there will be many real trap shooters answering you questions. Some of them All Americans, some who are weekend grinders at their local club others who have spend their whole adult life shooting trap. With that being said most of it will be quality and you get to interact with the people giving you the input on your questions.

The Russell James book is like venturing into the the trap version of eastern mysticism.

·
Premium Member
19,398 Posts
I have never heard of him or the book. One would be better off to get a DVD from Karla Harrison, Phil Kiner, or find one of Frank Hoppe's or Frank Little's DVDs.

·
Registered
32,241 Posts
I remember when he interviewed me for shooting tips to put in his book. I was a class D, 18 yard shooter. I told him everything I knew, which was nothing and made up the rest. Maybe someday I’ll read his book.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It was the first book, or any formal information, I ever had on trapshooting. I found it to be very hard to follow and I could not make much sense out of it. I found TS.com later and was able to get much good information and instruction. I agree with the poster above that finding the good DVD's from the proven shooters is a much better option. Also, if there is a clinic by a proven winner near you, it would be money well spent.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts