Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend a lot of time on the road driving and use this time to soak in podcasts on iTunes. I listen to several gun and shooting channels, but haven't found anything that pertains to Clay Shooting, and particularly Trap.
Anyone know of a podcast or internet radio show that talks about our favorite sport?

btw, I just found this website and this is my first post. Howdy all!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello Trigger 71. There is a wealth of information on this forum. I don't know of any trapshooting podcasts but I'm following this thread in case any are mentioned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hate to show my stupidity but what is a pod cast?
Bud
Podcasts are recordings that you download/listen live like a radio show. Usually one or two people discussing a topic of interest. Often, they will have interviews with companies or experts in the industry for example.
Casts are nice as you can download and listen on your own time. A great way to learn and keep up to date with topics that interest you. Very similar to a forum but with audio :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yes, Thanks. I have seen this one and the sections on trap and skeet. Still has mostly other types of topics though. Also, as I listen while I drive, it's hard b/c these are video's. I was hoping there were some dedicated Trap (or any clay sports) channels to listen to. Thanks for the link though.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
There are many different DVD/ VHS tapes out there for you to buy!!! Trapwife on this website has a very good one for sale. Her husband was one of the best trap shooters ever. But there are others. Other than safety rules, everything else is a combination of audio and video that must be watched. I like your idea, just don't see how it audio only could help out a new shooter shoot better??? Best of Luck in your search though.

Question, if these podcasts are downloaded, how can ask questions or interact with the discussion??? Or is it a live broadcast??? break em all Jeff

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are many different DVD/ VHS tapes out there for you to buy!!! Trapwife on this website has a very good one for sale. Her husband was one of the best trap shooters ever. But there are others. Other than safety rules, everything else is a combination of audio and video that must be watched. I like your idea, just don't see how it audio only could help out a new shooter shoot better??? Best of Luck in your search though.

Question, if these podcasts are downloaded, how can ask questions or interact with the discussion??? Or is it a live broadcast??? break em all Jeff
If you catch them live, you can ask questions via a chat box, and they will answer on air. Others have a system where you call and ask a question on a voicemail. Others take email questions and then discuss on "air." If you miss the Live cast, then you can either Stream/Download it to listen on your own schedule. Many are in video format, but I prefer audio so I can listen on my daily commute. They usually have a topic which several people discuss and frequently have tech rep's from various manufacturer's answer questions and new product reviews.
In any of the competition sports, a podcast may discuss new rules and/or gripes on existing ones, etc. It's nice to keep up on the latest and greatest products or who won the last meet... Less technical instruction, but something to listen to on a subject we enjoy. e.g. "pull vs. release triggers," "ported chokes," "new shooting lens shades."

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
If you catch them live, you can ask questions via a chat box,
Your making me feel real old about now!!! I just can't keep up anymore, and the kicker is I don't care!!! I still know how to set-up a recording on my VHS machine, so there. Now why is it people are painting their teeth blue??? LOL. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
102 Posts
So two years have past since the last post of this thread. Has anyone heard of any more podcasts?

I stumbled across Clays and Birds, and the host had a great interview with Mike Blaisdell. Unfortunately, I think it might have been the only trapshooting episode.

Respectfully,
John

·
Registered
77 Posts
So two years have past since the last post of this thread. Has anyone heard of any more podcasts?

I stumbled across Clays and Birds, and the host had a great interview with Mike Blaisdell. Unfortunately, I think it might have been the only trapshooting episode.

Respectfully,
John
There's one called Behind the Break, but it is mainly about sporting clays. They interview and chat with a lot of top shooters though.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Respectfully,
John
I listened to that as well. C&B Podcast host is a trapshooter but as you said does not cover trap often.
It was interesting to hear from Mike B on his time shooting in New England and how he has changed with the times to keep going at his coaching work.
My understanding is that he travels to PA to take advantage of the large home grounds and volume of shooters at the PA State Shoot.

Also have found some gems in the work done by Behind the Break. Their interviews with shooting Greats have had a number of tips any shooter could use to up their competition game. It is also very interesting to note the similarities between ATA's and NSCA's desires to grow their active member numbers, while providing a viable game that pays well for the Top Shooters in each respective sport.

There are some great competitors out there that have compelling stories to tell. Podcasts are a great way to get those out to a wider audience. (Fly Fishing is an area that is really taking this to a high level with some great recordings of the people and manufactures active in that activity)

·
Banned
260 Posts
Hate to show my stupidity but what is a pod cast?
Bud
They are generally a much worse version of terrestrial radio. While some are good (very few) most are wanna bees that couldn't have a real job in radio. Often sound like a third graders set up with low, fading or cutting in and out audio.
Prime example is John Hickok. Just about anyone who is into guns has seen the great videos Hickok 45 and his son do on YouTube. Well I found a podcast John does and it is utterly un listenable. Wanted to shoot myself after 10 minutes. Couldn't take it. You just have to sift through many to find a good one or two.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know of behind the break, the sporting clays podcastnwith Kevin DeMichael. Haven’t heard of a trapshooting one, I like listening for the mental aspect, they just had one from Cole gunsmithing.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I really enjoy Behind the Break, I have exchanged emails with some of the guys on there. I was pleasantly surprised with how accessable and helpful those guys are. I really like that they all agree there is not just one way to shoot. They go in depth on gun setup and shooting styles.

If anyone wants to give it a try, don't start with the first episode it sucks. Listen to the one with Dave Redulovich, Wendell Cherry, Digweed, or Anthony Matarese Jr. Those are all really good.

Reactions: Bob Butler
1 - 20 of 21 Posts