Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone give me information on Shooting Trap in South Florida, Miami, Keys. I recently retired, moved to the Keys and want to shoot. Where can I go.I am a NRA, ATA, NSSA, NSCA, member.
Thank You for your help
Joe Isnardi
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
No clay target shooting that I'm aware in the Keys.

Club de Cazadores Cubanos

http://www.clubdecazadorescubanos.com/

I shot the chain at CC Miami this past year. They hold registered trap and skeet shoots. Just west of Miami.

============

Markham Skeet Club

http://www.markhamskeet.org/

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Sorry, nothing in the Keys anymore. Like said above the closest club is Trail Trap and Skeet located on Tamiami Trail about 5 miles west of the Miami Turnpike Extention. They hold Reg. shoots for skeet and trap and have seperate clubs for both. They have 5 stand but no Sporting Clays. For Sporting Clays the closest is Naples and called Port of the Isles. You also have Markham Park which is in Fort Lauderdale, but only about 20 minutes more of a drive. They have all three seperate shooting clubs, one for trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays. If you like I could meet up with you on Friday at noon or so. Let me know and Good Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Was at Markham Park last weekend. Didnt see ya there...;)
Nice club at Markham and the park area is nice also. Didnt get a chance to shoot but I did pick up a new t-shirt.

Charlie

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new to south Fla too. I live in Naples and Port of Island Club is 20 miles away. Havn't been there yet but they say its nice. I'm sure that maybe farther than you want to travel. Just letin' ya know what's here...See ya on the rangs JKnope...

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Charlie, Sorry I missed you!!! I'll more than likely be there on Friday morning, as they have Weekend hours on Friday, Saturday is closed and the weather on Sunday will be lousy as a front is coming down on that day. Take care and Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also just moved down (3 weeks) to the Treasure Coast area, I am looking to shoot some ATA targets and do some practice rounds. It looks like I have about 45 mins to and hour to the closest range. I am in the Palm City / Stuart area, any one around that area shoot ATA targets?

Paul

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Snyder, Your Tampa Jokes are getting way to old already!!! Please do us all a favor by taking your MEDS, AND SHOOT A FEW ROUNDS IN THE SNOW OK.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Paul, Look into the Vero Beach trap and skeet club. Its called IndianRiverTrapandSkeet.com is the weblink. For Sporting Clays you can go to Quail Creek for some nice 5 stand and 2 different courses in Sporting, they are at QuailCreekPlantion.com website and west of Fort Pierce. Last you can try Port Malibar in same town next to Palm Bay. This is a private club, but affordable for Florida prices. They open the club for ATA Shoots to all that belong. Hope this helps you out some. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions at all. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
GW22,

I-75 runs in ever decreasing concentric circles until you drive up your tailpipe.

Eric

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Jisnardi,

The clubs in S. Florida (Trail Glades in Miami & Markham Park in Broward) are run by the local countys and are open to the public. I'm not sure about Trail Glades but Markham is open Tuesday-Sunday.

Eric

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Here's the number and you can call and get all the info you need. l(305) 477-0344. They are open most of the week, but I don't know the exact hours each day. Closed Monday's I'm sure. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.