Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently moved into Frisco,Texas which is 30 miles north of Dallas. Began looking for places to shoot trap and quickly found that sporting clays and skeet are the two dominate shooting sports. While most clubs I checked had 1-4 traps they all showed low shooter demand. This creates a shoot alone situation which is boring. The majority of clubs are private and must be a member to gain entrance or shoot. Membership fees ranged from $300 to $7,000 with monthly or annual dues. Target prices were reasonable at the private clubs when compared to public shooting facilities. Also, some of the private shooting places have a 1-2 year waiting list to join. Lastly, distance and travel time between clubs is also a concern.

I am interested in hearing from some shooters in the north Texas area on trap shooting clubs they could recommend.

Look forward to your responses,

Bob S.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Go to the TTA site (http://www.texastrap.com/). most clubs are an hour to two from you. Consider Buffalo Creek, just east of Tyler, Ft Worth Trap and Skeet, Iowa Park trap club just west of Wichita Falls, Also near Wichita Falls Northwest Texas Field and Stream (Their prices are very reasonable). No registered birds but open Wed pm and Sun after noon for trap, skeet and occasional 5 stand. and Sat for sporting. If you want more info PM me for ph nr. Best

Bob W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts