Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Gary to the best of my knowledge I have never given advice on this forum so incorrect spelling and incorrect information should be off setting penalties.
Joe

·
Registered
923 Posts
I would recommend taking a lesson to get off to a good start. This way you won't have to unlearn any bad habits. I hope I spelled this right. Ron

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Kidding aside, Ron's suggestion is right on, as is your KISS goal. DVDs by Phil Kiner and Leo can be very helpful for beginners too.

-Gary

·
Registered
767 Posts
When my wife started trapshooting I told her to be polite and thank everyone who offered advice..........and then..............ignore it all, and do what Nora Ross told her to do when she took her clinic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been reading about Nora Ross mainly because I am a one eye shooter which I am trying to decide if I need to fix. If majority rules I suppose I do. Joe

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see that but my problem is I can not hold a candle to her ,although I am all for her method I have shot my best rounds with one eye . I have also looked on her site to see if she will be having a clinic in my area but 2014 is not posted as of now. Joe

·
Administrator
8,518 Posts
I guess on thing that I do and reccomend is to keep a diary/notebook of your practice sessions.Basic notes on things that you have tried that have worked,others that have not,notes of things to try ect.It has helped me as a good point of reference. George

·
Registered
488 Posts
My first advice would be to quit before its to late and you are hooked on trap shooting. If you disregard the first, then I would advise you to call Nora to see when she will have a clinic close to you. I have taken her clinics. Money well spent in my opinion.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you want to keep it simple buy Ken Robertson's trap tape or DVD from the eightys,It is cheap and to the point without filling your head with clutter.D.Lee braun dvd is also very good for new shooters.I have both.If you get ken Robertson's tape.You can watch his son scott shoot when he was very young.Ken would of been proud of his son becoming one of the top sporting shooters in the USA.I read Ken died a couple years after making the tape.

joe

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Robertson's tape is just as good for ALL shooting disciplines, not just trap.
Boils all the shooting lessons into 3 words...."See The Target"

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Nora Ross is holding a two day clinic at the Flathead Valley Clay Target Club in Kalispell, MT on June 25 & 26, 2014. The cost of the class is $300.00 and is limited to 10 shooters on a first come first reserved basis. If interested , please contact:

Tafford
(406) 863-9866

1 - 17 of 17 Posts