Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm the treasurer at Ground Swipers Rod and Gun Club in NJ. We are a 2 trap club. I'm looking for a simple point-of-sale system.

I've googled, but no luck.

Bruce

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might try Square Payments.
Right now we are using a paper based system for tracking shooters, dues, merchandise and other misc. transactions. I'm trying to convert this to an electronic system. Sort of like McDonalds. Touch screen with specific icons. Square or Stripe would be nice, but tracking the initial transaction is more important. Most of our sales are cash, some checks.

· Premium Member
73 Posts
Hi all,

I'm the treasurer at Ground Swipers Rod and Gun Club in NJ. We are a 2 trap club. I'm looking for a simple point-of-sale system.

I've googled, but no luck.

Bruce
I use POS Maid for my Bowling alley. It works good, one time payment of $60ish dollars, has frequent customer tracking and reports. I use square for cc payments with 3% added. It has worked flawless for me. I have a touch screen, receipt printer and cash drawer that opens with the software.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Last fall our club converted to the "Long Range" card system. It is an all electronic point of sale. Must use a debit or credit card to add rounds to a club issued card. The trap house has a card reader that limits the number of birds thrown per round. It does a great job of limiting lost birds thrown and keeps the books in order. It is a little expensive but will make the club money in the long run. We set the system to allow 28 targets per round of trap. That gives everyone a show target and two failure to fires. If your squad has loose lips, the group can run out of targets before the round is completed. The line is very quiet these days. The club does not lose money for extra targets thrown. The system does have a means to take cash or check but that puts you back to a manual entry and tracking the money by hand. The point of sale is done through Square. It does have the 3% fee and a $0.45 transaction fee. The 3% is fixed and never changes. The fee is the same if you buy one round or load the card up with 20 rounds. We are happy with the system as a whole. The BOD love it and the members are fine with it also. We used to sell paper round cards now we issue a electronic card. If you lose the card you lose the rounds that are on it. If you lose your card then, you must purchase the second card. PM me if you want more information.
As a side note - We able to be open for more hours throughout the week because no one needs to be there to take cash.

· Banned
2,714 Posts
Last fall our club converted to the "Long Range" card system. It is an all electronic point of sale. Must use a debit or credit card to add rounds to a club issued card. The trap house has a card reader that limits the number of birds thrown per round. It does a great job of limiting lost birds thrown and keeps the books in order. It is a little expensive but will make the club money in the long run. We set the system to allow 28 targets per round of trap. That gives everyone a show target and two failure to fires. If your squad has loose lips, the group can run out of targets before the round is completed. The line is very quiet these days. The club does not lose money for extra targets thrown. The system does have a means to take cash or check but that puts you back to a manual entry and tracking the money by hand. The point of sale is done through Square. It does have the 3% fee and a $0.45 transaction fee. The 3% is fixed and never changes. The fee is the same if you buy one round or load the card up with 20 rounds. We are happy with the system as a whole. The BOD love it and the members are fine with it also. We used to sell paper round cards now we issue a electronic card. If you lose the card you lose the rounds that are on it. If you lose your card then, you must purchase the second card. PM me if you want more information.
As a side note - We able to be open for more hours throughout the week because no one needs to be there to take cash.
Yes, this works very, very well for clubs that are open 7 days a week. Even during the pandemic last year revenues remained the same or increased. We use it for both sporting and trap/skeet.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
The only system I have experience with is Clover. I’d call it a mediocre, semi customizable system that may be within reach financially. For the limited number of transactions and inventory items it could be ok.

For high volume, it takes too many keystrokes and can be balky about data imports. This may have changed, as I don’t know if the owner has kept up with upgrades, etc.

Just an option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.