Trapshooters Forum banner

Trap Guys , Check it out !

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Buckky 
#1 ·
So went to another different gun store today and saw this rare single barrel Parker shotgun and what was interesting about it was the condition , I would rate it 90 to 95% I am not a pro on antique guns but after close examination it doesn't seem like it has been restored , so all you pros out there I wanna hear your feedback and also how much you think the gun is worth . I will eventually reveal the price tag .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It is only "worth" what a willing (and presumably well informed) buyer is willing to pay for it.
If it is still for sale then that "willing buyer" hasn't been found - yet.

If it were a SXS I might be willing to offer a couple of grand for it, iffy/maybe subject to closer scrutiny, etc.

#4 ·
It's a C grade, or more specifically an SC. A couple grand, whether a single or double, ain't going to touch a C grade unless it was used as a boat anchor. The photos are a little iffy, but the case colors appear to be original. Can't tell about the blue. With the exception of the horribly out-of-time floorplate screws, the rest seems to have been treated right. It might be the lighting, but the wood looks unusually light and plain, not what you would normally expect from a C Parker, kind of like a DelGrego restock. Just a wild guess, $3200-4200.

#8 ·
Possible wood replacement; especially the forend due to the fitting around the latch plate. The screws, as "wm rike" noted are out of position. The slots should line up with the barrel. So it definitely has had the floor plate removed at some time. I could be that whoever did it did not start the screws back in the right way, so left them 'out of time'. SC's go for $4000-6000 depending on the current demand. A few years back a SBT could be bought for half that and at one time they were $5000-7000. They are not much to collectors who mostly are looking for hunting SxS guns. If it was mint with 95%+ case colors and 99% blue, it would be more desirable.

Scott Hanes

#9 ·
Production year was 1928. There is no detail information for many of the Parkers made in that serial number range due to a missing log book at the factory. A block of 4000 serial numbers are unaccounted for.

The SC was the most common of the SBT's. A total of 1912 were made:
1779 (93%) were C grades - the lowest grade for SBT's
96 (5%) were B grade
32 (<2%) were A grade
1 AA grade
4 A-1 Special

Way more rare are the double barrel trap guns...only 206 made.

#12 ·
Haha @ amateur target shooter , no i did not purchase it , too rich for my blood . For all you guys who participate in the price is right the winner goes to Nitroman27 . As for me personally that kind of money i would go for a used Perazzi or Kreigoff but i am not big on trap but when i do shoot trap my go to's are Win model 12 and Win model 24 SxS . Attached below is the price tag and for safety on your wallet and bank account i have black out the gun shop .
Text Font Writing Calligraphy Paper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.