Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a dealer that sells new and used trap guns in northern California. Any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Alquist Arms Turlock. Outdoor Sportsman Stockton look in the yellow pages or do a google search for the specific area you want.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Where in No. Cal? SF, Sacramento, Redding? How far do you want to drive? All these would be helpful if you want to narrow your search.
TS.com is this site, check the for sale section.
Do you know what you want or do you want to look at and feel the guns to decide?
Not a lot of stores specialize in trap guns but most can order them.
How much do you have to spend? I only ask because most local stores do not keep a large selection of higher end trap guns in stock.

Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike I'm in Vacaville which is between sacramento and San Francisco. The gun will be for my son he shoots left handed and is 6 ft tall. He currently shoots a Benelli Supersport but wants a break open. We were thinking a Bt99 Bt100 Skb older browning. Budget 1200-1400. I know they can be ordered was just looking for a store where he could shoulder the gun see if he likes it. Thanks Eric

·
Registered
483 Posts
Eric, Don't know where your son shoots, but if you go to some of the gun clubs in your area & talk to some of the shooters, you may get help in locating the gun you are looking for. If you live in Vacavlle CA, there is Martinez Gun Club in Martinez, USI in Concord & Valley of the Moon in Sonoma. Birds Landing off of Hiway 12 toward Rio Vista has a lot of shooters also but they are into Sporting Clays. Good luck, John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks John he shoots for Yolo sportsman association we haven't had much luck there but I will check the others out. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you can get to Nevada state shoot in Vegas in October there will be many vendors with hundreds of guns. Same with Fall Grand in Tucson in November.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Alquist. Coyote Valley Sporting Clays also has a few used trap guns in their gun room -- IIRC there is a Perazzi single barrel, a Win 101, and a Browning trap.

Reactions: Run8

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Birds Landing has rental guns and they are close to you. Go over there and let him try them out. I wouldn't buy it there though!!! Shop around or look in the for sale section on this site.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Birds Landing is a good idea. Coyote Valley is a bit longer drive, but he could shoot the gun before he (or you) buy it.
Just a comment, take it for what it is worth, a single barrel break open gun can not be used to shoot doubles. If he wants to shoot doubles in the future he might consider an o/ u.
Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd go visit Guns, Fishing, and Other Stuff. They are in your town!

Canyon Sports in Martinez is another option. I've bought guns from both and have been happy with my purchases.

Birds Landing has a lot of guns, but they'll be sporting models. They're really nice folks.

At the Spring Grand in Tucson later this month, you'll be able to find anything your son wants.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Run8, you don't have enough posts to buy here on TS.com, but you can look at the for sale members section and see what's available. Hurry up and get your required 50 posts in. Bill

1 - 20 of 27 Posts