Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring an older 870 magnum with an enhanced receiver and I am looking for some unique/fancy furniture to put on it. Open to all suggestions Thanks

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
If you're looking to actually "restore" that shotgun, you will want factory wood so I would call Remington to see what they can offer. If I was buying a nice older restored piece, all-factory or at least all factory-identical parts would be a requirement.

Ed

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
E-bay and Gun Broker have different wood sets on there often. In the past I have purchased both a original early 50's TC set and a red - white - blue laminated set that was unfinished.
Still waiting to finish and install the laminated set. Numrich Gun Parts Corp. also has many wood sets.
Good luck

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have a nice factory 1100 stock that is figured nicely that will fit a 870, if you are interested txt me at 262-853-9490 i can send some pictures. thanks bryon

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Enhanced receivers were made for a short time in the late 90's/early 2000's.
Some machine made engraving all over the receiver that to my eye looked very gaudy.
I won a 870 field gun in a raffle with the enhanced treatment and it was traded not long after.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have a nice set for TA Trap. It has the long forarm and comp straight butt stock. It is a new set but I will not be home from Fl till his spring. If you still need on pm me in Apirl. Thank

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a brand new stock and fore end that came off an 870 Classic trap. The stock is Monte Carlo. It has some nice "spiderwebbing" in it. If you think you are interested, pm me and we can discuss it and I will take some pics, but my phone camera isn't the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts