Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a small 2 field skeet field that we are considering adding a trap field to one of the existing fields. I am looking for a source for field details such as field layout and especially plans or specs for the "bunker" that the trap would go in. Also any thoughts on what would be a good trap. We dont need every bell and whistle but we are willing to spend money up front so as to not have any problems latter.

Thanks

Dan Berry

·
Registered
142 Posts
We built a new trap field last year and a local pre fab concrete business that builds septic tanks made a house for us that is 8'x8' and 7' high with a concrete roof and it is waterproof, easy to secure with a drop down steel door, about perfect. There is a diagram for a trap field on the ATA web sight.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
We have one house that you walk down into and load without bending over. Very nice, but we couldn't keep it within specs for registered shooting. Another nearby club has one with a sliding roof, another good idea. Bill

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
PAT TRAP and a Voice release. The wireless model is being seen at more and more clubs. The voice release will pay for itself in no time, as no one has to wait around for a puller. Unless a club member plans on sitting in the chair all day.

A pop up or sliding roof, sure saves the back and eases loading the house and topping off the machine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I am kind of doing a feasibility study right now. We have a few members that are interested in shooting trap instead of skeet and are willing to put their money where their mouth is. I shoot trap from time to time at some local clubs and I noticed that when helping them load the traps some of the trap houses are very cramped or awkward to move around in. I have a great concrete guy that can build the house. I just need to give him a sketch so he knows what to do. I like the pop up or removable roof idea.

Thanks again.

Dan Berry

·
5,446 Posts
Consider a walk-in trap house design... similar to an entrance into a storm cellar...

Jay

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
566 Posts
The ATA rule book has all the specs and a couple of drawings of a trap field in it. Try there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.