Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could pick just one book or video that you think is the best for a new trapper please let me know. I shoot left handed so anything directed that way is a plus.

Good Shootin'

·
Registered
5 Posts
L of Riley,

I trust that you meant "new trapshooter" when you stated "new trapper" in your initial message.

I highly recommend Trapshooting Is A Game of Opposites by Dick Bennett. The 122-page book (At least, my version of it has that many pages.) covers: guns, mount and fit, use of the eyes, swing, foot positioning, doubles, handicap, and a few other topics. Dick Bennett explains and summarizes in an easy to read fashion. Of course, other shooters will recommend other books and videos (e.g., Leo Harrison, Phil Kiner); however, I recommend starting out with Dick Bennett before graduating to other sources including the Shotgunworld.com forums or videos on the web. As you will experience, free advice (including mine at times) may only be worth the amount you pay for it.

LarryFromSC

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree with Larry....just finished reading the book and found it excellent and informative. The Leo Harrison and Phil Kiner DVD's are also very good.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I got Leo Harrison doubles video learned a lot I need to get the singles video soon as beginner can't go wrong with his videos! Zack H

·
Registered
280 Posts
Honestly there is a lot of good material on YouTube that is free. Nothing beats the progress you can make working with a coach. Sometimes expensive, but can be the quickest route to results and saves you from starting off with bad habits.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Chris Batha Clay Coach Online series on You Tube has some pretty good stuff. He shoots lefty so his foot position, stance, holds, etc will be
relevant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts