Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Trade Dude pad that I want to install on a BT 100. What is the best and easiest way to grind the pad down to fit on the stock? I remember a thread from years ago that freezing the pad was the easiest way but not sure. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just look at the box mine came in and it’s grinding instructions are not printed on the box. They may have been on a sheet in the box, if so I have lost it.
I do recall reading specific instructions for grinding them. At one time, I believe there was a web site either Trap Dude’s or someone who sold them. That’s where I might have seen them.
From what I recall, they stated a warning not to use a typical belt sander for wood, due to its high speed. It said the heat generated by it would delaminate the pad. It also may have stated the grit belt to use.
I can say....I used the typical belt sander thinking that I did not have a lot to take off....I will go slow...it will be OK. It looked OK when I finished it. After a couple of months it started to delaminate, rubber from the backing.
Freezing it sound like a good idea to me. Hopefully some one can find the true instructions.

Thanks Carl,
I was dead wrong about the belt sander speed!

·
Registered
104 Posts
JLyon might be able to help out. I think he has installed them in the past.

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The instructions don't mention freezing the pad but I remember reading a thread on here that said that it was much easier
to do it that way. Anyone else ever tried freezing it before grinding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts