Trapshooters Forum banner

Trap and Sporting Clays clubs near Hilton Head Island

1408 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Ifitfliesitdies
Will be relocating permanently to Hilton Head Island in the coming month. Looking for places to shoot trap near the Island in SC or GA.
Checked a couple of older threads here but they are pretty dated and not very accurate based on what I can tell.
Mainly a trap shooter, but also indulge in Sporting Clays, and some occasional pistol/rifle shooting.
Looking for any suggestions public, private or otherwise where I can do some or all of the above.
I realize I may have to drive a bit so any suggestions within and hour or two are OK.
Thanks in advance for your help!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13,510 Posts
You might want to look into shooting clubs in and near Savannah, Ga.

The Forest City shooting club is top notch. About 40 minutes from Hilton-head Island. Last I heard there is a waiting list to join. Their is another shooting club in Savannah though I believe? Good Luck finding a club up there. break em all Jeff

· Banned
36 Posts
Forest City Gun Club is a private club not open to the public and VERY expensive. But if you reside outside Georgia the dues are 50% of the Georgia residents dues. Or at least they used to be. There is also a Skeet/Trap Club on Hunter AAF in Savannah but you would need to have a Federal Military or DoD Civilian ID Card to gain access to the base. Beufort Naval Air Station used to have a club, but it was closed several years ago and required the same Federal IDs. Unfortunitly, golf is what most folks do for recreation in that area. I would suggest you contact the SC Trap Association and see if they can put you in contact with an ATA member in that area. They would be better suited to directing you to a local Trap Club. Good luck!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys! Unfortunately I'm not ex-military or DOD compliant. I have been aware of the Forrest City Club for several years, and kind of watching it, but with a waiting list and the high initiation cost if a person does get invited it's likely not going to be a fit for me either way. Too many hobbies! :)
If anyone else has any suggestions for Trap and or Sporting Clays I would sure appreciate it. I do realize I may have to travel a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.