Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
The 2500 is so much more truck than a 1500 especially if you got it with the diesel.

Congrats, you will like its brute strength.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
That is a big boy truck compared to the 1500 sedan.

Do some research and you can find the chip to give it an extra 50 hp, 150 torque and about 6 more mpg.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Had on '06 dually with the duramax, it's the truck I wish I'd never traded, hope you like yours as much as I did mine.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My '08 Silveradi 2500 HD is perfect for pulling my 5th wheel. Handles the weight with ease.
My 1500 did ok up grades . This flies. I like the Jake brake. Going to have adjust things as this truck is higher then the 1500. My 5th hookup is still in the other truck. I get it back Tuesday.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
My 1500 did ok up grades . This flies. I like the Jake brake. Going to have adjust things as this truck is higher then the 1500. My 5th hookup is still in the other truck. I get it back Tuesday.
When I was shopping for a truck back in late 2013 I was on a very tight budget and must have looked at a thousand trucks before I bought my '08. It had plenty of miles on it but was very well looked after. It's a 6.0L gas job and has cost me nothing since I bought it and just now is needing tires. I don't do enough trailer pulling with it to justify the extra $10K '08 Duramax/Allison equipped trucks were selling for....and I can buy a new GM Performance crate engine for what it costs to do the injectors and fuel pump on a Duramax up here in Canada.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was shopping for a truck back in late 2013 I was on a very tight budget and must have looked at a thousand trucks before I bought my '08. It had plenty of miles on it but was very well looked after. It's a 6.0L gas job and has cost me nothing since I bought it and just now is needing tires. I don't do enough trailer pulling with it to justify the extra $10K '08 Duramax/Allison equipped trucks were selling for....and I can buy a new GM Performance crate engine for what it costs to do the injectors and fuel pump on a Duramax up here in Canada.
Your right they aren't cheep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts