Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Just a guess, but did you ever try running one back through the .223 die? That's how they are made by running a .223 through the 7mmTCU die. I used to make my .22-.250s by running .250 Savages through the .22-.250 sizing die. May not work, but I'd try one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did and it was actually funny. Crushed the shoulder like a pancake. Before I had a .223, I had hundreds of .223 that I necked-up to 7mm, stretching the neck out. Now I wish I had waited. I guess it is easier to stretch than compress. Thanks for the tip though.

SC

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
You can't make a .223 case from a T/C-U case without crushing the shoulder because the T/C-U shoulder angle is 40 degrees and the .223's is 23 degrees.

Ed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darr- actually 7TCU is made from .223 rem cases...

dednlost- now that would be cool! all the benefits of a larger bullet takedown while using the reduced amount of powder,less weight and size of a .223. I think you are onto something. Can an upper be made for a 7TCU?

SC

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey they make 6.8 and some other rounds for the ar don't see why 7tc wouldn't work and maybe better, it wouldnt surprise me if these newer rounds were developed just because of the not invented here syndrome if you know what i mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.