Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What state shoots are the biggest, most shooters?? Top 2 or 3. I am going to PA and Ohio this year, wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot PA for the first time last year. Found the targets as bad as you can find anywhere and overall an unfair place to shoot in that some banks are great (check where most of the top guns shoot), others perhaps should not be used. I for one won't go back until they start randomly assigning banks and form what I understand that will never happen. Lots of people shoot there though.

Ron

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
You should ask how many squads are on the last 2 days of the shoot? You'll find the shoots with the highest attendance are usually the best shoots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Singles last year at the Ohio State Shoot on Saturday I want to say there were 210 squads..... I could be a little off, but the numbers seem to be going up each year at Cardinal Center.

·
Registered
704 Posts
2010 Pennsylvania State shoot attendance for Championship Events were as follows:

Doubles 767

Singles 1152

Handicap 868

2010 Ohio State shoot attendance for Championship Events were as follows:

Doubles 687

Singles 1158

Handicap 981

Ohio and Pennsylvania are the two largest State Shoot in the country.

Attendance records are from R. Stuart (cashier) web page.

·
Registered
613 Posts
While I have only been to the Missouri State Shoot, I have been told that some rate it rather highly.

Besides the 60 traps the Gun Club is located near the Lake of Ozarks and there are many attractions in the area that I think one would find interesting.

Hope some of you can make our Missouri State Shoot this year.

Allen--Yes I am from Missouri so I guess I am "prejudiced"!!

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Ohio State. Typically 1000 shooters for Saturday Singles event. Great Tournament at one of the best sites in the country.

blade819

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I usually go to the NY, PA, and CT state shoots. Penn. state shooting is real nice, nice grounds to shoot, lots of shooters and vendors, run really well.
NY state shoot has really come around the last few years. We have PAT traps now and throw really nice targets. CT is a nice laid back shoot to go to...good people-good time. All 3 of these places are good state shoots.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Squads?? OK, I cannot resist...'02

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.