Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would like to thank all tose who have contributed to this thread, some of the replies were not as I expected but all were informative to say the least!!!!! After carefully reading all replies I think when I buy my next trap gun I,ll try both kinds (unless I get a good deal)or maybe I,ll just ask Fred!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Screw all this technical babblegram BS. Do you have any idea how much cooler you'll look shooting an unsigle?

LOL Dave

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
actually, as the rest of us have been screwing around...Daddiooo has it about right, LOL.

Shoot them both. get the one you like.

·
Registered
832 Posts
And here I always thought the reason for an unsingle was to keep the heat waves coming off the barrel from interfering with the shooter's sight picture.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I have been shooting a high fixed rib TMX for 22 years. For the last 6 years or so I have been using a Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic front bead because I think I have an occasional not consistent age related crossfiring problem. Last year I got the notion that maybe the high rib on my TMX was causing me some problems with the aforementioned "shooting off the end of the barrel" thing instead of the front bead. This was the reason that Dan Bonillas never could shoot a DB81 that was named after him and instead shot a conventional rib MX3. I bought a single barrel for my MX3 Doubles gun and shot some good Singles scores with it last year and was doing well in Handicap until I had trouble with a 'too fast' release trigger. The jury is still out for me if the conventional rib MX3 will be better than the high rib TMX.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.