Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top single Stan Baker barrel for Remington 3200 32" top single with .780 bore with Briley tubes and ported. Briley standard 10 ga choke tubes ML16 the sizes are .740 extra full .040 const, .745 full .035 const., .750 Imp mod .030 const, and .755 mod. .025 const. May require fitting to your gun as I have learned that not all 3200 receivers are made exactly the same. $1200 OBO or trades. Price includes shipping. 3-day inspection period provided. Please PM me here.....

Kevin Tapply
Arvada, Colorado

ktapply_2013_151046.jpg

ktapply_2013_151047.jpg

ktapply_2013_151048.jpg

ktapply_2013_151049.jpg

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW.. I recognize that I am relatively new to the TS.com forum having joined in November. I have had a few financial dealings with long time members here and will be pleased to give you those references prior to any business transaction occurring.

Thank you,

Kevin.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated... Added photos and length is 32"

All single barrels for the 3200 are custom made. Stan Baker was a famous barrel maker from the state of Washington. He believed in the larger bore gave better patterns and also reduces recoil.

Provided to me from the previous owner.......

Here is how, the standard 12 ga shell is .800 in dia. most barrels are .727, some are now making .740 and .750. well you have to squeeze down from .800 to .727 this is the forcing cone. Well in a .780 bore, which is the standard bore of a 10 ga you only have to squeeze down .020 instead of .053 so it is easer to do this so less pressure required so less recoil and more shot is leaving the barrel at one time.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I did not think that was a Baker rib, I had him do several big bore barrels, looks like a moneymaker maybe - which does not really hurt the value

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input and remarks.... I bought with the intent of fitting it to my 3200 to create a Combo. I was just about to ship the gun and barrel to Laibs to have the work done when I got enamored with a Joel Etchen 687 Beretta. I don't know what the POI is. Thanks for the update on the Rib. I suspected that the rib had been changed as other ribs on the Baker Barrels seem to carry his embossed signature. It's a beautiful rib, which would be consistent with a moneymaker rib as you point out.

I am willing to consider offers for this barrel if anyone is interested. I will also provide a 3-day no questions asked money back guarantee assuming the buyer pays the return shipping.

Thank you..

Kevin

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I sold the barrel to Kevin. When I purchased the barrel I did so from Paul Sedwick(Warwick gun case)Paul told me it was a Baker barrel and Paul was around the block a number of times so I figure he would know. Also on the underside of the mono block it is inscribed "Baker". Another thing when I purchased the barrel I contacted Stans shop and spoke with his Grandson and he referred to it as a "Mini Big Bore" the .780 and told me that he used on some Briley ML-16 choke tubes. Years ago when Ray Barns of Moneymaker looked at my combo set at the Iowa State Shoot he never made claim to the barrel was his work. So I feel it is a Baker barrel due to my findings over the time I owned it. I sold it as I sold my 3200 and the buyer did not want a combo only the O/U's. The point of impact for my set-up was 80/20.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Ken,

Hope all is well.. Thanks for posting the update. I am sure everyone who may be interested in this appreciates it. It's a beautiful barrel and in some ways I wish I was moving forward with my Original plan to keep my 3200.. I really do love that gun. I may be selling it too soon as I don't have my Beretta yet.. Oh well..

Hope you're staying warm up there in Wisconsin. It was great dealing with you on this transaction and maybe we will get back that way this summer for the Wisconsin state shoot at the new home grounds and we will get to meet F2F....

Kevin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts