Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. I have a Browning Citori that I have shot for 15 years and I have noticed the top lever has now worn to the middle position. What does this mean? Is it time to get it rebuilt and if so, what will the gunsmith do to move it back to the left?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
James, you might give a call to Skeet's Gun Shop. I only dealt with them one time, and was impressed with their directness, honesty, and speed of service. (918) 456-4749. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
The next thing to happen is the gun will start opening itself wnen shot.Until then I would keep shooting it unless its your only gun. They will weld and refit the lock when needed. Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
If it's not loose closed and it doesn't open up when shot, it's probably good for a while. If you want to do PM on it due to shooting a lot, there is something to be said about that too.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
When it starts to open after you shoot, time to start looking to have it fixed. Until then, keep shooting it. If it does start to open and you need to shoot it for a few more months, clean all fo the lube off of the locking lug and each time before you shoot it, put a little rosin on it. To get rosin, as in the baseball section of a sporting goods shop. Kept mine going until the end of the season without a problem. (Suggestion from a long time smith)

Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have not experienced any issues as of yet but I figure I better ask before shooting season hits full swing.

Thanks again

James

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have had my Citori Plus with the problem of opening on firing twice since I've owned it -about 15+ years. Both times it turned out to be the Top Lever Spring. My Lever is well to the left of center and shoots fine yet.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It is a very inexpensive fix on the Citori. You are in need of a locking bolt and probably a new top lever spring. If you are interested I can fix in my shop. Don

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
New opening lever spring is all you need right now. Pretty easy to do yourself if you are mechanically inclined. ;)

AndyH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.