5K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  spitter 
#1 ·
Parker

Ithaca

LC Smith

BT-99

Model 12

#3 ·
Most of my choices would be Perazzis. Mx8, Mx10, Mx2000, Mx2005. Currently shooting an MX2000/10 and pretty happy with it. Can't comment on Krieghoffs, Ljutics or Kolars.

I'd have to include the Browning XT Trap in the list somewhere. Excellent trap gun for the money. Still keep one as a backup gun and keep it set up the same as my Mx2000/20 and shoot it fairly often.

#4 ·
While there are quite a few great examples, It has been my experience since the early 80's that you will always see some Beretta O/U in one form or another almost anywhere I have been. I have never been in the Pacific Northwest, but midwest, east coast, midwest, south, and southwest Berettas are common. I have never shot in Florida, but I bought one of my shotguns from there and the Silver Dollar Firearms site seems to move a lot of units, new and used. I know that is only a 30 year slice of the ATA history pie, but I think it is significant.

#7 ·
The reports of the guns chosen by the competitors 1895-1902 are above; British prior to about 1896, then L.C. Smith and Parker until the repeaters (esp. the Winchester 1897) and SBTs took over. SD&G were importing Daly SBTs and VL&D Francotte SBTs by the late 1890s. Lefever was the first U.S. SBT maker (not counting Prechtel) in 1905.

Unfortunately, Sporting Life stopped rountinely listing the guns, shells, and powder used in shoots after about 1900.

#15 ·
Devault Infinity Ultra No need to mention any other single barrel shotgun unless you shoot doubles then I would say an MX-10 o/u , but you must add a Devault stock to the o/u or it will not be complete. Shoot one lately I do all the time I send lead to a target.

#23 ·
Limiting from 1960 to present...

Browning BROADWays... Superposed was proven, 1st Big Wide Rib!

BT99s, taking mass trap gun production to the people, boggles the mind...

K80s, taking the Remington/K32 to the next level, Trap, Skeet and Sporting variants...

Beretta 682 family... 'nuf said of the world's oldest continuous business...

Browning Citori family - Trap, Skeet and Sporting Guns in so many variants, too many to list - proven platform at a tremendous price point...

regards all,

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.