Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
100% agreed it just adds cost to the club or state assoc. Jr Gold is just dumb.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Just looking at the IA state shoot results I really believe that we have too many classes, with resident & non resident there are a lot of trophies to be purchased & distributed!

Eliminate:

Junior Gold
Lady ll
Sub Vet

My opinion only, yours may vary.
Those are categories not classes

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Just wait until the national Wokeness hits the ATA. Can we say transgender trophies on non binary trophies. Stay tuned. Coming to a shoot near you.
No need to wait. It is already happening. The transgender we are familiar with shoots lady. The ata apparently doesn't object.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Lady ll I can kind of see. It's like vet for the ladies. Junior gold, sub vet we could sure do without. What really chaps people is getting beat with a lower score because of categories. I've seen it cost people some money and the quickest way to p.o. someone is get in their pocket.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,878 Posts
I agree….. too many categories. Get rid of them all except Senior Vet and Sub-Junior, and rename those to Veteran and Junior. keeping “chair shooter” is a given.
The current Sub-Vets, and Ladies are just as competitive as everyone else in the group, so make them all Open category.

But I also know people who declare a category because a win in something is better than nothing.

I’m undecided on the value of a AAA class.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
And what will be gained if categories are eliminated ?? 20 dollar targets have been gone for a long long time and dropping a few trophies will not bring them back.

Will girls who are still Junior Category Age still jump out of it and show up on the Lady AA Team ?? Men have multiple categories available but women have only Lady I and Lady II. So a 71 year old woman must compete in the same category as a 17 year old girl ??

Junior Gold was created in an attempt to keep Mom and Dad's or Grandparents checkbooks open for a few more years. I do not have a clue if it was successful or not. I do know that I do not see many 25 year old men on the Open Category AA Team but there are still more than a few 20 year olds still shooting.

So if you want to eliminate categories, please quantify the benefit.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts