Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is too cold to shoot so I am sorting out my shells from various boxes, sorting Line Back ups, Shootoff shells and line loads, I did not know I had accumulated so many shootoff loads of various speeds, good thing I have them coded.

The Longshot Loads are marked with Black and Red Cross Xs, Black being 32.5 grs and RED 33.5-35.5 depending on the case the AAs are Black Xs and Remington are the Red Xs and a little faster.

The Rios are the 1 1/4 oz loads lower pressures and softer shooting, Not too many of them maybe 18-19 of them.

The RED Primers are 19Grs Promo w/ 1 1/8thoz #6s 1250fps Rem Hull.
and Top Gun Hulls w/ WT-12 wad.

Has anyone noticed how much farther down range the WT-12 wads go? And a little tighter patterns they give?

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
328 Posts
We'll make it to 18 here in central Minnesota today, but it will be for a half hour or so right about 3PM....maybe next week...:[

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sorted out my shells nand I got 1 and 3/4 flats of shells sorted out of various boxes, coffee cans, and plastic bags. I never knew I had so many games shells scattered around.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I've been sorting screws and bolts which were in one big box. I came up with 17 half-inch fine threaded bolts...but only 14 nuts that would fit them. I put them in a nice box and labeled them. Then I had lunch. After lunch I resumed the task and sorted the sheetrock screws. I have quite a few of those and I put them into an old pickle jar. Next, I had 3 stove bolts which were rusty. I used my wire brush and gave them a good cleaning. A shot of WD-40 finished the effort. They're good to go now, if I ever need a 2-inch stove bolt. My large box of misc. nails was next. I had to straighten several finish nails (#6s) and put all the #8 commons in a two-piece vintage Winchester Leader box...and labeled it with a thick black marker. This afternoon I'm going to count my T-shirts.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Rarely too cold to shoot; our club in NE Ohio still opens twice a week and we still have fun. Believe me breaking a 24 in winter conditions makes you feel good. A 25, well that would be "X" rated to compare something to that. BT100dc

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Maybe you guys could get you a T.V. gig and they could call it to Sorteers; Hell it might be a better show than some of the S--t thats on now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.