Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the re-runs of the Women's skeet finals and saw a few interesting things. Russian shooter had no shooting glasses - heard they are not required in Olympic shooting. Thai shooter had a TSK stock. Italian shooter used a Beretta with a pistol grip stock - other 3 had a more "normal" stock. The Chinese shooter had no butt pad on her gun.....just the wood and you could see all the holes in the stock - weird. One of the guns used in the final five was a Zoli....saw the one Beretta and most others I saw cleanly were Perazzi's.

The Army 1LT did America proud with her Gold medal performance.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Watched the re-runs of the Women's skeet finals and saw a few interesting things. Russian shooter had no shooting glasses - heard they are not required in Olympic shooting. Thai shooter had a TSK stock. Italian shooter used a Beretta with a pistol grip stock - other 3 had a more "normal" stock. The Chinese shooter had no butt pad on her gun.....just the wood and you could see all the holes in the stock - weird. One of the guns used in the final five was a Zoli....saw the one Beretta and most others I saw cleanly were Perazzi's.

The Army 1LT did America proud with her Gold medal performance.
The story on "no recoil pad" was that when the Chinese women started shooting ISSF skeet the pad was grabbing on their vest as the gun came up.

So the coach unscrewed the pad, and the women shot very well. So they still do it that way.

No idea if that's true, but it came to me from an Australian ISSF skeet representative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts