Trapshooters Forum banner

Today's Remington News

3221 Views 14 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  marbax
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,989 Posts
Should have never let the Union back into their work force. Union will be dictating policy again and suck the life out of Rem again. I worked in a Union place for 40 years. Pay a lot for dues and get nothing in return. That was my experience anyway.
Said moving DPMS/Bushmaster back to Ilion but I thought that was a different buyer than the Remington buyer?

· Registered
1,360 Posts
If the owners were smart,they could moved the plant south to a gun friendly state.New York taxes and the unions will be a big problem.The automobile company's got smart and left the Michigan unions.
Remington had a factory in Alabama. The new owners just moved the machinery to Illion. Seems the new owners ain't too smart.

· Registered
2,108 Posts
Roundhill is trying to get into the gun business on a shoestring budget.
It's not moving anywhere from NY, any time soon.
They are beating the bushes for government subsidies.
We will understand better what their chances are, after we see how they cope with removing machinery and cleaning up the Alabama plant on a tight timeline.
A lot has to happen before we see actual product offered for sale.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
Yeah... I checked the new website. Remington STS at $13.99 a box. I think you'll see full shelves for sure at that price.
MSRP . I doubt if they sell many at that price. They will probably make a deal with a large retailer for VOLUME sales ( like they did with WM in the past. Not many people are going to may more that 10 bucks a box ( if that).

· Registered
87 Posts
Roundhill is trying to get into the gun business on a shoestring budget.
It's not moving anywhere from NY, any time soon.
They are beating the bushes for government subsidies.
We will understand better what their chances are, after we see how they cope with removing machinery and cleaning up the Alabama plant on a tight timeline.
A lot has to happen before we see actual product offered for sale.
Looking for govt subsidies to make guns within Adolph Cuomo's Reich is not going to end happily. This is a large part of why Remington moved all that equipment out of NY in the first place.

As you say, "A lot has to happen...", well said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.