Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting Trap since mid May and have enjoyed it immensely. Today I traveled to Low Country Preserve near Tabor City, NC to shoot my first ATA Big 50. Recently I've made some good progress in my scores thanks to the guys at my local club, shooting a fair bit, reading and viewing everything I can. I've watched the Phil Kiner video at least 5 times. An outstanding instructor. I've read and re-read The Stock Fitters Bible by Rollin Oswald, Trap Shooting is a Game of Opposites by Dick Bennett and the "introduction" books by Rick Sapp and Art Blatt that got me started. I feel confident with the info imparted to me by Rollin and Dick in their books and by Phil Kiner's video when I step to the line. It paid off today. I shot a 49 of 50 for second. It was a new group of shooters for me and that used to make me uncomfortable. Not any more. Nice group of guys as it turns out. I'll definitely be back for more.

Wow! Trap is a great game. I should have started a long time ago. See you on the line.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Fantastic start! The best is yet to come; the most wonderful part of this game is the friends, experiences and memories! I look forward to meeting you at a shoot.

K

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Competition Trap is one of the best lifetime sports and very happy for you in making the discovery! You will meet many interesting and great people!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Oh no, it's too late......you are now hooked on gun powder forever! Welcome to a great sport, keep up the good shooting.
Mrs. Leo Harrison III

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Competition Trap is one of the best lifetime sports and very happy for you in making the discovery! You will meet many interesting and great people!

You are right about that! One of the interesting and great people I've met on my Trap journey is your brother! He loaned me his Browning one day and I did so well with it, I bought one similar to it. Great gun and great brother. It's a good day. I hope to see him today at our club shoot.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Mike, my brother did tell me about you since you both seem to have similar interests and enthusiasm. Hope to meet you at the NC Hall of Fame shoot in a few weeks. Check out Terry Jordan's Wall Chart if you haven't already, a plus for shooters wanting to learn and improve.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike, my brother did tell me about you since you both seem to have similar interests and enthusiasm. Hope to meet you at the NC Hall of Fame shoot in a few weeks. Check out Terry Jordan's Wall Chart if you haven't already, a plus for shooters wanting to learn and improve.
Your brother Larry is a rip. A good man. He said you were the quiet one. Probably just in comparison to him. ;-)

I don't know about the HOF. I'll have to see if I can get away.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Love my brother and he is right about me having less mouth but I make up for it with more brains. LOL! The HOF is a good larger shoot for people just beginning to register targets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts