Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I'd buy a used one as there are many for sale out there. They don't hold their value like many high end trap guns do and people seem anxious to part with them. Used trap guns have always been the way to go unless your going to have a new one made to fit you. It's easy to buy a good used P or K gun, shoot it, and if you want to sell it you can recover almost all of your money back. Good luck on your final choice as it's totally up to you in the end.

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
I have a Summit Limited in 20/28 with 32" barrels.

By far one of my favorite guns (I did buy it used...). I've shot some of my best sporting clays scores with this gun.

I live in PA so I am close enough to the factory that I can drive down for the day. I've never needed it, but their warranty is basically - 'we will do whatever it takes to make the gun right.' For me this has the potential of being done while I wait.

The fit and finish are as good as on any gun I've seen (I run a Beretta DT-10 as my primary gun). More importantly to me is the thought and design that went into the gun.

Unlike most guns made in Europe this was purpose built for the US market - not an afterthought added to a European gun. This makes sense in that the US market accounts for way more guns than the entire European market - so why should we settle for their castoffs?

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Buy a nice used Perazzi Combo, I just happen to have one for sale and a good price ... If interested PM me for pictures and details ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
146 Posts
You never receive all your money back selling a used Perazzi. More than other guns but you will still take a beating. Buying a used shotgun in very good condition is best way to go.

JM

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife and I both went with CG's and are loving them. However, we found a place where we could rent them for the day to make sure that we were comfortable with them before we made our purchases.

Herb

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
What Guerini brings to the game is a fully featured trap gun that can be adjusted to fit all but the most difficult body types with the added benefit of a adjustable poi; this coupled with a very, very well made gun that points well and has dynamics of a Perazzi is hard to beat. Add in first class customer care and value pricing it's hard to go wrong with Guerini new or used.

Surfer

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a CG unsingle which I put on a PFS and I love it. If you get the combo and you are getting older I suggest the 30 inch barrels. This gun comes with a life time warranty. What is not to love about this gun. Goggle what it costs to get a firing pin in a P gun or the yearly "checkup" of a K gun. Besides you can buy a lot of shells with the money you save.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had Perazzi's, Krieghoff's, 3200 Trap's and CG's. They all feel different so try before you buy. I found the CG too "whippy" for me but YMMV.

All but the Krieghoff (best trigger / lowest recoil by far!) were bought used and the only one I took a significant loss on was the CG - pretty but didn't hold value like the others.

As far as service, the CG was the only one to need any. What service it needed was at least inexpensive and relatively quick.

Strongly suggest shooting your choice in a pre-owned gun for a while, then when you are sure buy a new one with all the custom features you want.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been shooting CG Summit Trap combo for over 3+ years now. Approx. 25K rounds through it, no mechanical issues at all till now.

Try one out before buying one. You will like them.

Regards,
JB

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I have two! A Maxum Trap Combo and a Challenger Trap Combo. I like them both. My Maxum is at Guerini now getting its first "pit stop". I have about 13,000 rounds through it with no problems at all.

·
Vendor
19,392 Posts
The CG will play well for the active shooter, say 10 thou a year. If you plan to run a half mil thru it, consider a P or either of the K guns,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine was a 12ga / 20ga / 28 ga combo and the recurring problem was ejectors. Mostly in sub gauges but 12ga was hit and miss too. Beautiful to look at but frustrating to own... I decided it was a case of you get what you pay for. Again YMMV.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I don't think I can afford to wear out my summit combo, If I did, I would simply buy a newer receiver, or have mine rebuilt and still be way ahead of buying a P or K gun new.

I bought new when the first batch became available, I shot the prototype well and had to have one. No used ones, on the market at that time or I would have went that route.

I almost bought new a K-80 through Dupont but shot the CG much better, just moved to the target better for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get the CG. And don't look back, for the money the quality,warrantee and service can't be beat, sure you can spend a lot more, checkout the new prices for a Seitz,Ljutic, Perazzi, k-80 etc.check what a used one is going for you'll see how their resale value is , spend the extra money saved on ammo and practice, practice,practice.
I've had my Summit for three + years now ,ZERO problems, most of my buddies shoot Ljutics,they've have more than their share of problems,ribs, triggers, forearms etc. these are 7-8 K guns, My CG just keeps on ticking.
Seitz are fairly numerous too,the guys don't put a lot of rounds through them though, (when you've got 4,or 5 of them though they don't get a lot of use, beautiful guns, for 14K they'd better be) the choice is yours, hope this helps. I'd buy another CG. In a heartbeat. Breakemall ML.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts