Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after abut 15 rounds the for end of my tmx special starts so feel loose,not like its going to fall off just a slight movement. the hotter the weather is and the more I shoot the loser it gets. its not obvious how to adjust .can I add a couple of tape shims between the bbl and the forend. please comment if you've had to deal with this issue / thanks

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Yes. Put some tape on the front end of the barrel groove until tight. Also, make sure the iron is tight to the wood. Look close at the wood to iron relationship while slightly twisting the forearm wood. That sounds more like it may be the problem. You may have to tighten the forearm iron by taking the push-button take down out of the guide, and tighten it with the stock wrench inside the guide. Otherwise if it is tight, masking tape should do the trick.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Send it to Gun Dr and have him do his fix. I've used tape and it wore the blue. He fixed one for me and it was amazingly tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,066 Posts
Remove the pushbutton rod (small hex key into setscrew in slot). Put your stock wrench inside the hole at the front end of the wood and make sure the metal has not broken.

If the metal is still ok, use cork shims. Remember that Silver Seitz uses a couple of round rubber pieces in their forends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts