Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old TM1 that the trigger removal latch moves very easily. About two thirds of the
time when I fire it the recoil causes the trigger to drop down about 1/16". Seems like it needs the spring
replaced. Is this something I can do myself? Are there ans special tools needed?
Bud

·
Registered
838 Posts
Reddbudd. You could change the spring that holds the group in, but if it popping out like you say, make sure you do not put oil or grease in the groove where the locking block or bolt goes. It has a hydraulic effect and pushes the bolt and effectively pushes out the trigger. It happened to me until I was informed by Lucio. I cleaned the groove and never happened again. Oil where you are supposed to.
If your gun has the plastic gasket under the trigger release button, get rid of that too. That deteriorates and gets in the way of operation. That could be your hang up too.
Hope this helps,
Dan

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try that first. The reason I think the spring needs replaced is that it
takes so little pressure to push the button forward.
Bud

·
Registered
838 Posts
One guy at the club had his pinned in. Not a bad thing, you just have to take the stock off and drift the pin out, to remove the trigger.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again, that is something else to look into. I really don't want to
ship it because I'm shooting it better than my other guns and I don't want to
be without it.
Bud

·
Vendor
2,066 Posts
I would clean the following surfaces very thoroughly:
Inside of receiver where trigger goes.
Plunger that fits in the back of the trigger (part #107)
Back of the trigger and the hole where part #107 goes.

Make sure there is no oil on the plunger and in the hole.

I would do everything possible to avoid disassembling the trigger release mechanism, it's not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Good info that would also apply to the TMX models. Have had my trigger drop out several times over the years. A well respected, traveling gunsmith took a look at mine for that reason. When I went to his trailer to pick it up all of his good old boy "groupies" were there. I made the mistake of asking what caused it His response was" I cleaned all the crap out of that little hole in the back Bill. No charge. "!! Has not fallen out since. I do have to use a piece of plastic to get the slide release all the way forward to unlock the trigger though.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I cleaned the hole with a Q-tip and it was oily.
I shot it in a league this evening and the trigger never budged.
Cheap fix.
Bud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts