Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
36,795 Posts
I am going back on time long time ago and my memory may be faulty. I believe the Comp 1 applied to an O/U. The name was also applied to the TM1 when first imported into this country, I don’t know if that was mistakenly by trap shooters or what. I remember seeing my first TM1 in 1974. And the owner referred to it as a Comp 1.

From a 1976 Gun Digest. No picture for either gun.

Reactions: mallard2

· Premium Member
8,257 Posts
Comp 1 was the predecessor to the MX lines of guns.

Tm1 is a totally different action/trigger and only available as a single barrel.

Some people refer to the striped receiver TM1 Ithaca Imports as a "Comp 4". I am not sure why as I own one and it is stamped TM1.
When Perazzi first imported into this country the single barrel you think was always designated a TM1 was actually labeled a Comp 1 single along with the O/U being designated Comp 1 O/U. Evidently this was confusing to prospective buyers so the single became the TM1.

· Registered
372 Posts
What Pheasantmaster says above is exactly correct. I visited the first Perazzi factory in 1969 and was shown the prototype of the new Comp 1 single barrel, still in the "white". It was estimated to enter the American market with a retail price of $375.

· Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lippard's explanation seems to be a little unclear. He describes the Comp 1 as both a single barrel (the first), and as an o/u, but the TM as the first single barrel? Perhaps I am misreading the explanation.

· Registered
36,795 Posts
Lippard's explanation seems to be a little unclear. He describes the Comp 1 as both a single barrel (the first), and as an o/u, but the TM as the first single barrel? Perhaps I am misreading the explanation.
Go to very bottom of his attachment, highlighted “TM1 1969-Present.”

· Registered
238 Posts
Back in the day, was the TM1 imported by perazzi first or was it Comp 1?
What is the design differences?
You can ask Karl directly and get it straight from the source. I don’t want to post his email; I think the moderators may give me a timeout. Not sure, so you can go on eBay and put in “Perazzi Shotguns” in the search field and his listing comes up selling his 2nd edition. The he can be contacted through the listing. 2nd edition is only $30.00 + shipping.
He is very open and responsive.

· Premium Member
8,257 Posts
You can ask Karl directly and get it straight from the source. I don’t want to post his email; I think the moderators may give me a timeout. Not sure, so you can go on eBay and put in “Perazzi Shotguns” in the search field and his listing comes up selling his 2nd edition. The he can be contacted through the listing. 2nd edition is only $30.00 + shipping.
He is very open and responsive.
I personally don't need to ask Karl as I lived the times and bought the guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.