Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a release trigger, and would like a pull trigger. Can I remove the hook by removing this pin, removing the hook and replacing pin? Will the pull wt be undesireable?

Who did this trigger, I'm sure a lot of you know. Is this a "P" pencilled on the hook?

K (not a P-gun guy)

· Registered
36,787 Posts
You should be able to remove the pin, remove the hook, put the pin back in the trigger housing and work just fine. That P is a trademark. Looks like old time wood clamp. Phillips maybe???

Reactions: Kevin Fleming

· Registered
36,787 Posts
That is a mikecrometer it is a skeets release you can remove the hook but the trigger pull will be heavy and a lot of travel. It can be reset but the release will not just drop back in

Phillip Crenwelge
My first guess was a micrometer, but I did not see the lock stem on the bottom. My Dad had a bunch of these.

Reactions: Kevin Fleming

· Registered
6,576 Posts
You should be able to remove the pin, remove the hook, put the pin back in the trigger housing and work just fine. That P is a trademark. Looks like old time wood clamp. Phillips maybe???
That is a mikecrometer it is a skeets release you can remove the hook but the trigger pull will be heavy and a lot of travel. It can be reset but the release will not just drop back in

Phillip Crenwelge
Phillip, has the answer.
But I dare add the release hook is also giving the trigger and added sear part spring tension a sleave to replace the hook maybe needed.

In my mind buy an original pull trigger trigger and don't use the release trigger parts as a pull trigger. If you get into trigger groups enough you will have seen why I suggest this. But talk to
Phillip or Don Rackley or Karl McKnight or Doug Grey or Doug Hubbert or any smith that works trap shooting. They may have a different suggestion but guys like these are where I got the advice offered.

Al

· Registered
36,787 Posts
Phillip, has the answer.
But I dare add the release hook is also giving the trigger and added sear part spring tension a sleave to replace the hook maybe needed.

In my mind buy an original pull trigger trigger and don't use the release trigger parts as a pull trigger. If you get into trigger groups enough you will have seen why I suggest this. But talk to
Phillip or Don Rackley or Karl McKnight or Doug Grey or Doug Hubbert or any smith that works trap shooting. They may have a different suggestion but guys like these are where I got the advice offered.

Al
Makes perfect sense, but I have never been a fan of release triggers anyway. I have removed the hooks from four different high grade guns with release triggers and have shot them all just fine. I guess heavy pull and travel is something I do not experience not shooting a release in the first place.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the knowledge share! I see the mic stamped into the hammer when I blow up the photo. Couldn't see that with eyeballs alone. I'm going to pull the hook out of it and see what I think. The trigger has a small setscrew that sets tension I believe. I shoot a Browning, so my expectations aren't very high.

K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.