Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
My favorite titewad load is a Remington gun club hull, 16.6 titewad, dr xl1 wad, cheddite primer and 1 oz. #8 shot. This load is good for singles and first shot of doubles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had the same experience as BrokenPair. I started off with Clays and had no issues with leakage in a Mec 600 JR or a Lee Load All II. However, with the Titewad I've had a lot of leakage in both machines. I like it because it's cheap, but for me it's not worth the mess.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I have had the same experience as BrokenPair. I started off with Clays and had no issues with leakage in a Mec 600 JR or a Lee Load All II. However, with the Titewad I've had a lot of leakage in both machines. I like it because it's cheap, but for me it's not worth the mess.
See post #5 in this thread.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is good powder. It leaked in my PW. Always follow the loading manuals for proper information. Do not forget to check your powder drops with a scale. I use 700x, which is easy to find. I don't have issues with leakage.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Use a double AA hull, winchester 209 primer, around 18 grains of powder, and a claybuster winjammer wad

·
Registered
340 Posts
Couple of questions.

Is anyone loading Titewad Powder? Looking for 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz recommendations. I am using Remington Gun Club hulls, Win 209 Primers, 7 1/2 shot, and Claybuster wads, WAA12 or WAA12SL depending on the load. Looking for somewhere in the 1180 or 1200 fps. Shooting 16 yard.

Also as far as shot goes I will use either 7 1/2 or 8. Is one meant for 1 oz and one for 1 1/8 oz or does it really mat
I have used Titewad for a few years now and have been loading with the same components. Chronograph out around 1180 with 16.2 to 16.5 grains Titewad.
I also use Chidite primers with STS hull , claybuster figure 8 wad . One once and 1 1/8 once. They are around 1145 FPS. I would not load them any hotter than that otherwise your pressures are too high. You can check this load with Hogdons reloading Data to verify .

·
Registered
16,839 Posts
I use it exclusively for one ounce loads. Data for 1.125 is limited, and I don't care for the higher pressures. My last Promo got used up about 3 years ago. I like it better than Promo.

HM

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am using Remington hulls, 16 Grains of Titewad, a Chedite primer and CB8100 fig 8 wads and getting 1150 fps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You will do best by sticking with published loads by the powder manufacturer or where the data is from a reputable outside lab and in no case go above SAMMI or CIP pressure maximums. I just finished loading an 8# canister of TiteWad using Hodgdon's data for one once 12 ga. loads w/zero complaints or issues. It was the last I hand on hand, otherwise I would have no concern continuing using it. It was a container I had acquired after a previous powder shortage when Promo and 700X were both hard to come by. Have shot three 8# canisters of TiteWad, in total. Its good powder for light target loads, but stick to good data; your safety and guns' lives depend on it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts