Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just am curious if anyone had sent in a load for handicap 1250ish

Only reason I'm asking i have a pile of fgm hulls and have a full jug of titegroup.

Ran out of tapered hulls. Yes its a dense powder, and yes the fgm hull is a big trash can to fill.

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Titegroup is one of the few powders that scares me. I follow the data pretty much to the letter (except for the wad, I use the TGT instead of the Figure 8). Without published data, you are left with sending loads in for testing, which is the call of your question. Good luck. You might have to take one for the team on this.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of what I figured. Thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks Neb.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Se
Just am curious if anyone had sent in a load for handicap 1250ish

Only reason I'm asking i have a pile of fgm hulls and have a full jug of titegroup.

Ran out of tapered hulls. Yes its a dense powder, and yes the fgm hull is a big trash can to fill.
Call Hodgdon and ask to talk to Ron Reiber. If there is a formula, he'll know it.

Reactions: Brady509 and Leo

·
Registered
89 Posts
With TG's density you might be able to jump down a wad size as Nebs suggested...stuffing 9/8 oz in a wad made for 1oz payloads. Problem is how much powder charge to do that?? That's where a call to Hodgdon comes in.

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
^^So, I guess use the Top Gun hull data as a starting point and load some up in the Gold Medal and send them off to be tested.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I would take Slickhead's offer.

Or buy a better suiting powder for the Gold Medal hulls and keep the TiteGroup until I get some more tapered hulls.

Jason

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have used Titegroup for 1 oz in straight wall hull with GU1227 wad. GU1227 24 gram wad takes up a lot of volume, and shot cup is tall enough for 1 oz shot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
10tenner said:
I have used Titegroup for 1 oz in straight wall hull with GU1227 wad. GU1227 24 gram wad takes up a lot of volume, and shot cup is tall enough for 1 oz shot.
Does BPI have some Titegroup data for FGM hulls?
No they don’t. I new I would be safe using taper hull data when using a straight wall hull.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No they don’t. I new I would be safe using taper hull data when using a straight wall hull.
Oh be careful brother. Beware of the safety troops. Lol. FYI I do the same. Been reloading since Chirst was a corporal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have loaded TGP for years with 18.3 grains with sts hulls and winchester primers,1235 ft per second,never had a problem,shot great scores with that load,also used fig 8 clone wads from claybuster wads.
recently switched to tightwad because could not find TIGHTGROUP here in Colorado
Glenn

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
I have used a 12SO with 18 gr. of TG successfully. Stack height is always challenging when using Titegroup, but it's my go to handicap powder.

HM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts