Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone loading Titegroup for light 1 1/8 oz 16 yard targets, around 1150 FPS ? I love Greendot
at this speed for 16's but am considering trying Titegroup. Opinion's appreciated, thanks Heath

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes that is all I use,15.7---or 16.2.
I should say that I only use TGT-12 Wads or Claybuster version.
Very soft shooting,I have won many matches with this load.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I use it, 16 grains is around 1145, use a clone TGT wad and you are set to go. I have used tight group at 16 grains, 17 and 18 grains, they all work well. Scott

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I'm loading 16.4 in AA's. Very accurate dropping powder, not overly clean burning like Clays, but seems to recoil less. If I had to switch from my usual PB, I don't think I'd miss a beat. That's saying something!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
16 gr TGT wad winchester primer ran 200 at grand with it, i did not like it with the cheep primers( fiocchi)

·
Registered
98 Posts
ditto everyone's comment on 1oz tgt12 wad for 1 1/8 oz lead. Tite group is very dense and charge weights are small. Crimps will sink in with 1 1/8 oz wads. The reloading manuals don't tell you that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So erm, with TGT12 wads, you expect to adjust the wad seater to be adjusted up so as not to get the sink in or cup at the crimps?

Did you experiment with other wads?

Art

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Shot 5 stand today with 1 oz. 8's @ 1330fps. with 19.3 grs. Titegroup in a TGT-12 Wad. Easy to crimp and it will smackém. Recoil from a 391 was not a problem using a Rio primer.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Need a 1 oz wad with Titegroup because it is so dense. If you are heavily invested in "regular" Fig8's, white AA wads, Windjammers, etc then they will not be a good combination. If you have TGT12's, orange AA wads or 1oz Windjammers they will work beautifully for 1 1/8oz reloads with Titegroup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.