Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran some with 18.5 & a 12SO, they seemed a little weak.

Anyone else tried this? I am drowning in throwaway cases.

HM

·
Registered
557 Posts
Halfmile, get in touch with Pete Strueber from Vandalia, he has a factory tightgroup load not in the books yet load for tightgroup, his sign is repeteclays, incinerate em!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Halfmile, get in touch with Pete Strueber from Vandalia, he has a factory tightgroup load not in the books yet load for tightgroup, his sign is repeteclays, incinerate em!

E

·
0 Posts
Halfmile,

Let me know what you come up with for a straight hull Titegroup load. I have only found loads for tapered hulls.

ec90t

·
Registered
236 Posts
Halfmile,
I shoot this same tightgroup load and wad and it works well back to the 22 yard line consintly but is a little light on back to the fence.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I contacted the People at Tiegroup and was told they could get it to burn properly in the Fed TG case. repeteclays has a good load for this powder in the case that you are asking about, He is going to send me more info when he gets it.
Don

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure there is no pressure problem the way it is with 18.5, and I am assuming more powder should be ok. As it is, it functions my 100 Skeet gun fine.

I just want more speed so I can shoot the straight wall cases for HCP.

Email me if you have anything or post it here,. Thanks.

HM

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Titegroup is not worth messing with.There are to many other good choices.It is too dense,doesn't meter well and you need a long wad to make the shell fit together right.Just my humble opinion after loaading 8# of it.The one thing I will give it is it seems to recoil and report less.

Darr

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I half way agrre, but I like the Nitro duplicates so much I wanted to see what else I could do with the powder. I have 2 or 4 powders on hand all the time so it's not a big deal.

What I do in STS cases is worth keeping it around.

HM

E

·
0 Posts
I second that Halfmile! Titegroup (18.0 gr), TGT or XL-1 wad, Rem. 209 primer, 1oz or 1 1/8oz of shot. Hard to go wrong!

ec90t

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.