Trapshooters Forum banner

Titegroup and the 28 gauge

1675 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Rhill
First off let me say I have plenty of suitable powder for my 28 gauge reloading, but I was thinking of some load data I saw a few months ago using Titegroup. These loads listed pressures, velocities, etc. so I would imagine they were well tested. But for the life of me I cannot find this information now. Does anyone know where to look? This is only to satisfy my curiosity, I know Hodgdon does not list it for 28, only 12 gauge.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
My Gun Digest Shotshell manual shows no 28 gauge loads using Titegroup.

Good luck and all the best.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for looking guys, I could not find it either, I will just put it out of my mind, maybe I will find it by accident at a later time. As I said, it was just to satisfy my curiosity, I have plenty of Unique and Universal, enough for probably the next five years.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, woods, but there was some data on the internet, not saying it is correct or to be trusted, how many times do I have to say it. The data I saw is probably worthless, just like your comment. But just like your worthless comment is on the internet, so is what I saw, thanks for nothing.

· Registered
15,232 Posts
Titegroup is listed as #15 on the burn rate chart, you don't get down to 28ga appropriate powder until #30

The ONLY way titegroup would work in 28 gauge without destroying your gun is if someone were loading an EXTREMELY light load, like 1/2oz @ 1000fps, or something along those lines, with like 5 grains of powder, for some real esoteric requirement.

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Titegroup is listed as #15 on the burn rate chart, you don't get down to 28ga appropriate powder until #30

The ONLY way titegroup would work in 28 gauge without destroying your gun is if someone were loading an EXTREMELY light load, like 1/2oz @ 1000fps, or something along those lines, with like 5 grains of powder, for some real esoteric requirement.
I know a guy using 700x in 28 gauge. [emoji51][emoji15] He says he found the load in some old manual. I don’t believe him.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gave up on looking for this information, I know it was Titegroup, that is why it stood out to me, I had never seen load data using Titegroup before. I wouldn't use it anyway, if load data does not come from a trusted source I won't use it. I have plenty of Unique and Universal to use. It was just out of curiosity I wanted to see it again, but it's not a big deal. The guy who put it out on the interweb may have blown himself up already......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.