Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I have loaded Tite Group for years. Even with 1⅛ oz. load I use TGT 12 wad. I tried 1 oz., didn't care for it. I use Tight Wad for 1 oz.

Reactions: School Teacher

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nitro 27 and CB4100, MEC #20 bushing = 19.84 gr Tite Group, and consistent crimp.
1284 avg FPS.
My next life time load!!!
Did you send shells loaded with that recipe off to be tested? If so, by who and what primer? Seems like an excessive pressure load to me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
20.0 gr was the published load.
Cheddite primers.
You also didn’t state how much lead you used in said loads. Certainly, spouting out half-baked recipes like you did does nobody any kind of service, it’s dangerous at best. You also didn’t answer my question as to if you sent them to be tested. How do you know the average velocity? Your numbers are sketchy. 19.84 grains? How did you measure that precisely? Your velocity also ends in 84. One of the first red flags for made up numbers is the consistent use of numbers just like you did. Usually when people try to make something up or hide something, they leave red flags that are pretty easy to spot. Personally, I recommend that NOBODY follow your reloading advice.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I spoke with Hodgdon rep today. He said interchanging primers is tricky and some will exceed 15,000 psi. If it ain't published, I won't be loading it.

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
I spoke with Hodgdon rep today. He said interchanging primers is tricky and some will exceed 15,000 psi. If it ain't published, I won't be loading it.
I've been saying this all along. The only reason I have Rem primers on my benchis for use with Titegroup. This powder is not something to screw around with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts