Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I am alone, but I for the life of me cannot figure out why someone would want to email 20 different people with the same pictures, just upload once! Oh ya put a price too........ just venting been a long week.

·
0 Posts
This was just discussed at great length on here last week. And if you recall, we had plenty of rocket scientists suggest that pictures are completely unnecessary. The most important thing, and essentially all you should need, according to these rocket scientists, is the sellers trusted reputation.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I agree. Everyone should sell things the same way. I bet if you were selling the same gun and there were only two of them, you'd be happy as hell the other guy didn't put up a picture.

Couldn't resist! Slow day huh?

RW

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
Posted pics = less work for the seller, and a more expedient sale. Saves tons of requests for emailed pics, and saves having to answer copious amounts of questions that would have been answered by the pictures.

A lot of things I buy are on a spur of the moment whim. If I have to ask for, and wait for, pics, chances are I'll have moved on to something else and lost interest unless its something I'm really hot for. And while I'm waiting for pics, I'm already scouring the web to see if I can find the same item cheaper, or for the same price in better condition.

It takes a LOT less time to snap a dozen pics, upload them, and forget about it than it does to email them dozen of times, and answer dozens of email questions. Some people don't understand that though.

If you are having trouble posting pics here, there are TONS of people who will help you (and even do it for you in some instances if you don't abuse their good will), and a tutorial on how to do it that gives you step by step instructions. If you don't have a digital camera, by one immediately (owning a digital camera should be a prerequisite for selling anything online, and mandatory if you sell on ebay). You can get them for 20 or 30 bucks now a days @ walmart, target, ect that are more than adequate. I'm still using an ancient 4mp Kodak, and it gets the job done.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The only problem I ever ran into here was on an ad that had no photo. A photo would have prevented the problem.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The first time I was selling here I didn't know how to post photos. I was lucky. I live near enough to Barrelbulge that we could meet and he posted the photos for. Later he took me to his home and taught me to post them myself.

Not everyone lives close enough to another member.

If it bothers you so much why don't you make a video and post it teaching the people how to do it?

Bud

·
Registered
272 Posts
If in fact you're not on par with the current crop of preschoolers, or perhaps too proud to ask your young grandchildren...there are folks on every board I've ever been associated with that will gladly post for you...

Ask me...I'm happy to help, and acknowledge your shortcomings in curiosity and learning.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It boggles my mind every time I think about how many of the older shooters at my club aren`t even online , never mind posting pics!

Many of them just "don`t want to know."

Regards , Pete

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
How about when they do post pictures and they are so dark you can't see any details.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
bossbasl said:

"Apparently, all those clamoring for photos now have never bought or sold high grade guns prior to the digital age."

You know cars once had no seatbelts, power brakes, power steering or airbags either. There are certain things which technology has proven to be a benefit. My point is, we now have the ability to post pictures. Heck, most cell phones are now capable of taking better photos than many high quality cameras could just 20 years ago. Why would one not take advantage of this advancement in technology?

It is advantageous to be able to see the actual item one is inquiring about to buy. Most serious buyers want to see the actual item they are buying. I could give you an absolutely excellent yet wrong description of an item. Without pictures, you are trusting that my description is accurate. With pictures, you can get a visual of my description as well. I've seen items for sale as 98% condition when in reality it was 80% at best. I've also seen guns with huge gouges in the stock that the seller advertised as a minor ding.

Just Say'n............

·
Registered
272 Posts
"Apparently, all those clamoring for photos now have never bought or sold high grade guns prior to the digital age."

Sure we did. Then we came out of the cave and vowed to at least be on par with the current crop of preschoolers...

This board makes a strong argument that evolution has indeed ceased.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The photos are more to help a buyer make the decision to read on, if it does not stimulate my urge to open my wallet then I move on, and a lot of that initial urge comes from the photos. Once I have found the item interests me I then search his or her history on the site and figure out if it is someone I deal with or not, but if I cannot see it first I move on. Cory

·
Registered
272 Posts
None whatsoever....just venting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts