Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing about the instructions to kill athletes from the Chezian terrorist leader, IMO it's time for the US Olympic Committee to seriously consider pulling out because of the terrorist violence. What do you think?

blade819

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm sure the terrorists would take that as a victory. We can't cancel everything that might draw an attack. Where is the freedom in that? IMHO Ron

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Although safety is a high priority if we pull out the terrorist win this round and who knows how brazen their next terrorist act will be.

I would help the Russians ( as much as they want) with security and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
18,827 Posts
I don't think pulling out would be good. Russia has assured us that security will be tight for the games. These kids have worked hard to get to where they are, and I think it would be a shame not to let them show their stuff.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Having seen the security in Vancouver, and knowing how much the Russians want this to go off well, I don't think there is really much to worry about. They have no human rights worries like we do in the west, so I'm sure they are pulling out all the stops to make these games safe.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
While the Russians may be able to guarantee the safety of the athletes in a restricted access "village:, they cannot do the same for visitors and spectators living at large in Sochi and the surrounding area.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
So tell us birddogs, what country can in this day and age? Seems to me there was an explosion at Atlanta a few years back!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts