Trapshooters Forum banner

Time to get on Rush Limbaugh's case about this

3570 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  X2 fan
Time to get on Rush Limbaugh

It seems that Rush has aligned himself with the Humane Society of the United States. BAD THING!

For those of you who don't know, HSUS is PETA mutliplied and they will stop at nothing to end hunting of any and all forms. I am sure that some of you who live in states that have had your hunting, fishing, or trapping rights restricted due to their misguided, emotional nonsense, you know what I am talking about.

Click on the website I linked above to read more. If you doubt what I say about HSUS, Google them and read some of the nonsense on their website.

Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know as much about that as you do by reading the article. The fact is that HSUS stands for animal rights. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter what the "programs" are, they are just another way to undermine hunting, fishing, and trapping rights.
That's how they operate.

Tim

· Registered
93 Posts
I vaguely recall this particular show. Rush reported that the Norfolk based HSUS found homes for only something like 7 dogs for an entire year, but "put down" several thousand. Rush was using sarcasm to illustrate how totally ineffective HSUS is when actually doing something useful. Rush was by no means endorsing HSUS.

· Registered
10,680 Posts
nipper's trying to find a butdy again,,,,won't find a lot here,,,,try moveon.org or bawney fwank's site....

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoever nipper is, it isn't me. I am merely forwarding news for you to do as you wish with. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is NOT to be confused with your local Humane Society or shelter.

I am not 'trolling' trying to get someone bent out of shape. I was under the impression that most of us who shoot clay target games also hunt, fish, or trap for recreation. If that would be one of you, then this is something that should concern you as the HSUS is a group that will stop at nothing to ban what we like to do in that regard.

If not, then I am sorry if you mistook me for someone who is trying some type of political right/left argument here. I'm not.

Tim

· Registered
1,716 Posts
If God had wanted us to be vegetarians,
God would have made BBQ'd steak taste like burnt tofu.

P.S.
I do not mean to hijack the thread, but does my posting about God and BBQ put me on a list of potential right wing extremists?

Lou

· Registered
5,755 Posts
Unfortunately, although extreme in their views, the HSUS is becoming a "fashionable" cause for people, groups, and companies to support. My wife & I were just shopping for a new bed, and while researching on the net, found a company that puts the HSUS "we care" logo right on their website.

The type of 27 year-old suburban chick soccer moms who watch the "Ellen DeGeneres" show probably have no idea what the organization is really about. They like to eat chicken sandwiches, and think it's just about finding nice puppy dogs nice homes.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Cat.......the other white meat!!!

tony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.