Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Nice.

It all depends on where you live, my friend.

They may not be "shooters" where you live, but here in FL, they are ALL shooters to me except for the closest one in the last pic.

Except for the deer mentioned above, for a almost every FL deer hunter, any of those would be the buck of a lifetime..

Thanks for posting and have a great hunting season.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice.

It all depends on where you live, my friend.

They may not be "shooters" where you live, but here in FL, they are ALL shooters to me except for the closest one in the last pic.

Except for the deer mentioned above, for a almost every FL deer hunter, any of those would be the buck of a lifetime..

Thanks for posting and have a great hunting season.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!
Agreed. I’m in southern IL and am a bit spoiled. Honestly, most of those 8s are shooters for us for genetics and because I like clean 8s. The 10 needs another year for me. Would rather he live to be a 160-180” than take him before he’s matured.

It’s not uncommon for 170+” deer to be taken on our farm or the adjacent farms each year. 5 years ago there was a 215” gross NT. Looking forward to see what shows up that we don’t have on camera.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Kid where abouts of southern Illinois are you at? Beautiful deer! My uncle and i didn't put up our cameras this year because we were too busy putting in New food plots. Hanging and changing stands next weekend! Signs look promising for a good harvest this year!

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kid where abouts of southern Illinois are you at? Beautiful deer! My uncle and i didn't put up our cameras this year because we were too busy putting in New food plots. Hanging and changing stands next weekend! Signs look promising for a good harvest this year!
I’m in Bourbonnais, But the farm is about an hour north of Carbondale and 30 minutes east of Sparta.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Not bad! You like me live a ways from our farms. Beings from rochelle my family has property in Princeton illinois area and my grandfather owns acreage down in Wayne city. Deer season is always fun because we put big miles on our vehicles! Lol

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

The above Black Bear hung out around a dead steer for almost 4 weeks.

Around here I don't get deer on my trail cams very often. We are seeing less deer every year for the last 10 years or more.

We do have plenty of bears, lions and coyotes. Only one time I saw a buck one year and then thought I saw the same buck the next year.

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts

The above Black Bear hung out around a dead steer for almost 4 weeks.

Around here I don't get deer on my trail cams very often. We are seeing less deer every year for the last 10 years or more.

We do have plenty of bears, lions and coyotes. Only one time I saw a buck one year and then thought I saw the same buck the next year.
That dead steer here in Florida would have been completely gone in 5 days max.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts