Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to reach Tim Hunsaker, I have moved and he has changed his e-mail address, it's been almost 6 years since our last e-mails to each other. My e-mail is [email protected]

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Hey Tom, I sent you an email my friend. Glad you posted again, figured you disappeared off into some quail habitat somewhere? Hap

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thank you all for the kind words. I retired from all competition shooting five years ago.

I was getting more and more into quail hunting and my subconscious was having a problem with the release triggers I used for clay target shooting. As I wanted to give the quail hunting my best effort ( I use a pull trigger on birds ) I stopped clay target shooting. I have only shot a pull trigger for the past five years. It worked. I have since retired, three years ago, and have moved to the high country of Arizona, in a town of 15,000 called Payson.

I now own five bird dogs, two German Shorthairs and three French Brittanies. I have been hunting Huns every September in Montana, then here for Quail and then to Kansas where my son-in-law has almost 10,000 acres and a lot of wild Bobwhite quail to hunt ( I'm the only person to ever hunt there in the past 40 some years ) I finish out the season hunting here, I usually hunt at least three days a week. Life is GOOD.

Years ago I met Tim and Celest Robb and Doug Hawkins from Arizona and have listened to them about the triggers. Tim and Doug both shoot release triggers on clay targets and a pull trigger on birds.

A few weeks ago I went to the Spring Grand one day to check things out and saw a lot of old friends, which leads me to say -----

I have decided to come out of ATA retirement and begin shooting again, I will begin shooting at Red Mountain Trap and Skeet in a couple of weeks, and then I will compete at the Arizona State Shoot in Tucson,AZ. I have been practicing a little and am very pleased with the results. Maybe Kingsburg for the California State Shoot. Other shoots? we'll see. By the way, I'm a Senior Vet now as I turn 70 last November.

Tom Strunk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.