Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
talking to a friend today he asked me to poke around and check to see what it would take to tighten up his mx-8. I talked to a really good local gun smith to get an idea of what is involved but he seemed really reluctant to take it on. he explained that you need to punch out the old "pivots" inside of the receiver and press fit a replacement "pivot" and in some cases you may need to do some reaming to accommodate an oversized "pivot" depending on how loose the action is.

I looked on "Whiz" White's website to get an idea of cost of parts. I can get the "pivots" for $25.40 but need a good gunsmith to install them. already contacted Giacomo via email. anybody know of a competent gunsmith that can tighten up a Perazzi? thanks A.J.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Depend on where is loose.

·
Vendor
19,787 Posts
AJ. If there is "headspace" (a visual gap between bbl and receiver face) the best fix is to have the monoblock welded and recut to match the lugs or crossbolt. Braker dose that and Whiz can have that done as well. If the gun is just sloppy wehn open likely the bbl lug can be welded up and resurfaced to maatch the iron to the receiver.. Same folks . If (IF) the gun is jsut a tad loose, go to your local NAPA and buy a tub of WBG (Generic Wheel Bearing Grease) and that will snug up the gun by a thousandth or more. DON'T get the fancy slippery shit woth the fancy litho-slipo stuff. Plain WBG. Once you take a soemwhat loose gun adn begin a regimen of WBG, quite of ten the gun no longer wears. My rule is, if the gun is tight and you want it looser, use 10w-30w. If it is where yo uwant it, use WBG.
There's the bell... See you tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Watched Lucio tighten up a very loose MX 3 combo today which required a large quanity of file work (hand fitting) along with a new locking block. No welding, no new pivots .no bending banging or hammering Just a talented gunsmith who Apprenticed with the best makers of Italian guns and learned how to refit Perazzi's. Have an Italian gun send it to an Italian gunsmith, pick your coast. I vote for Lucio out west,

Surfer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts