Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How involved is it to throughly clean , not only the exposed parts but the entire action on a BT-99. How would you go about it? Thanks in advance...Jerry

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You can removed the stock and that should expose the action. I am not sure just how often this needs to be done though.

I have a BT-100 so the trigger drops out. As far as the BT-99 goes I am not sure how to get the trigger group out.

Bryan

·
Vendor
19,101 Posts
Do gooders all... Stock removal, cleaning, re-oiling are strate forward and a snap. But reassembly is a bitch. you will reduce the value if the gun by near $200 with the wrong screw drivers and not knowing how the tang reassembles... Wait now... No long tang? then it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It is easy to remove the trigger housing after the stock is removed. Loosen the set screw above the pin the runs through the receiver. Drive out the pin with a brass punch. Use a wooden dowel against the trigger housing from inside the receiver and tap it down and out with a hammer. The trigger housing swings out. Make sure the trigger is cocked when the trigger housing is removed! If it isn't the mainspring will shoot out across the room. Don't pull the trigger with the housing removed! If you aren't mechanical and clever do not take out the trigger. If the mainspring comes out you will never get it back in by yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.