Trapshooters Forum banner

thoughts on this gun

4156 Views 22 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  hdbrs
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=330657258

hope this link works. would like to try shooting an unsingle for awhile before going for broke on an expensive combo. i searched 101s on this site and missed a few nice ones. figured i go for an unsingle and if i didn't like it i could just keep it for a backup or sell and lose a little bit. don't want to spend thousands on a gun until i am sure exactly what i want.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Vendor
20,943 Posts
Just buy a used MX15 and you will be ahead fo the game and love the gun

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that always a bad thing in your opinion being shot alot. even if it was well taken care of or is that just leading to a greater chance of something breaking?

· Vendor
8,168 Posts
they kick like a mule--and i have never seen anyone shoot one very well in recent years!! and the comment above about resale is right on!!

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks guys, replies appreciated. i just started last year and shoot an skb o/u but it is a field gun and it destroys my shoulder and worse my cheek. anyway i really like the etchen 687 but b4 i buy one and realize i don't like the unsingle i figured the 101 would be just a nice gun i could get for not huge money.and after a year of shooting it i could just throw in the safe as a backup or lose maybe 3 hundred bucks and make a quick sell or trade it in on a 687. im never gonna be a serious ata shooter i don't think. im a club league shooter who likes to shoot 50 then shoot the bs over a few beers. i want a nice trap gun eventually as a heirloom down the road more so than to get to any yard lines. which i don't even know what that means, haha.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok thanks guys, replies appreciated. i just started last year and shoot an skb o/u but it is a field gun and it destroys my shoulder and worse my cheek. anyway i really like the etchen 687 but b4 i buy one and realize i don't like the unsingle i figured the 101 would be just a nice gun i could get for not huge money.and after a year of shooting it i could just throw in the safe as a backup or lose maybe 3 hundred bucks and make a quick sell or trade it in on a 687. im never gonna be a serious ata shooter i don't think. im a club league shooter who likes to shoot 50 then shoot the bs over a few beers. i want a nice trap gun eventually as a heirloom down the road more so than to get to any yard lines. which i don't even know what that means, haha.

· Vendor
20,943 Posts
Let me comment again. Y9ou will go nowhere with the 101 and prob leave trapshooting because of the recoil.

Next step up would be a $1200 to $1500 Beretta 680 from about 1990. Year 1990. Lot of those guns sitting round not being shot these days.

Advertise for on on TS.com WTB section

· Registered
1,822 Posts
MIA, you have an opinion, but I have one that is opposite, I have shot a 101 the last 2.5 years and O/U and an unsingle, this combo got me to the back fence, with averages 96.25 singles 90 caps and 92 doubles, this past winter I moved to an MX10 top single combo, but the fact remains, these 101 fit some people rather well, I am 5' 9" 185 # and my wife is 5'4" 120# and she has the same combo and shoots it well. I sold my O/U and but still have the un-single because I could not keep a release trigger in the gun, pull trigger wise they are great, release well thats another problem. Any 101 I have owned I have been able to sell and get the same amount of money I spent on them. Scott

· Registered
10,622 Posts
It's not a very desirable gun at anywhere near the asking price. You'll take a bigger bath on it if it doesn't work for you than buying a good MX15 at $4g's. The MX15 holds it's value very well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.