Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do so wish all shoots would go as listed...BUT.....While I am not too concerned about the shooters while on the field (distance helps). I am VERY worried about the people who run the shoots. The guys and gals behind the tables who process every shooter. Those people are in very near proximity of EVERY shooter. Remember that when you touch someone, you effectively touch everyone they have touched to!
The ATA is trying to keep us as safe as possible and stay in line with Federal guidelines. I'm for that.
And when all is said and done....IT"S JUST A TRAP SHOOT!!! And there will be another one. If a cancellation saves just one of us old guys it well worth it!
For What It's Worth
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
I agree Jim. It seems the whole USA has gone nuts and overreacting, BUT, after reading up on the Virus, we need to take whatever measures are necessary to contain it. I had rather live to shoot another day. Unfortunately I’m one of the elderly. I’m staying in.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
With the restaurants and movie theatres closed if the local trap field (which is owned by the State of Arizona) closes life is going to get very boring. I am alone so I eat all my meals out. Had to lay in a two week supply of Dinty Moore beef stew.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I think it is an over reaction, and am going to tune the whole thing out for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Well if it is a farce as so many say
Most of the world is worried about it.
I am only 66

gone through cancer heart and lung
On and on
I have had to take a break from many things
I love tournament and shooting in general
We will all get through this
We will survive this
Steve

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with the last three posters, but still going shooting today. Every thing in Canada seems to be locked down to. Cheers RRP

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding why this virus is causing so much uproar compared to the swine flu when O BAM A was in office.
There were a 1000 deaths in this country before he acted and declared an emergency.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree Jim. It seems the whole USA has gone nuts and overreacting, BUT, after reading up on the Virus, we need to take whatever measures are necessary to contain it. I had rather live to shoot another day. Unfortunately I’m one of the elderly. I’m staying
Yes, after it happens, it's too late to call a timeout,

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding why this virus is causing so much uproar compared to the swine flu when O BAM A was in office.
There were a 1000 deaths in this country before he acted and declared an emergency.
Easy you just said the answer O BAN A

·
Registered
830 Posts
We're still shooting at the club, about 25 of us, three times a week. Mostly us old guys. We were suppose to put on a SxS Shoot May 9th, but I'm pretty sure right now I'll be putting it off. It's not that I'm worried about the virus, but think too many others are and won't attend. Just might as well move it down the line.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Kathleen and I had plans to attend the Pennsylvania State Shoot but it looks like a big No-Go. Plan is to just feed the cattle, keep the hay pivots growing and the three grandsons SAFE! Plus out of trouble as no school means plenty of grab-ass time! Patrick and I ended up at a local Walmart looking for flour for Kathleen, we saw the empty meat shelves--he figures that beef prices will head up as everyone eats what they hoarded......

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Local grocery store anounced yesterday that they would be open for people 65 and older from 8am to 9am. Went this morning, the store was packed with people, some were questionable whether thet were even 50 years of age. Alot of items were not on shelves and meat counter was pretty well picked over.

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
- Steve12 is right on --- with blobama in office nothing that wasn't his way was reported --

selected stories.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts