Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
zzt, you sound like a guy who doesn't want to get beat by his wife. Would you shoot a 20 ga semi-auto in real competition? Never a problem fitting a female with a 20 ga field gun either-huh? Women tend to take much higher stocks than males-not always but often enough to make fitting a problem. Since you don't why should she?

By the way, I always carry a 20 ga semi-auto Browning Gold to all my youth clinics. It's fine as a demo gun but never the answer for anything more serious. Sporting Clays-fine but for Trap there are better solutions!!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
ollie, I don't shoot an automatic because I don't like them. I have shot my 20b O/U in ATA competition. I did so for doubles when I only had an unsingle. I shoot 7/8oz #8 for everything now, so it doesn't matter much whether it comes out of a 20b or a 12b. In fact, if I ever find a nice MX-8/20 with choke tubes, that will be my new competition gun. 3/4oz for Skeet, Doubles and Singles, and 7/8oz for caps.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
3/4 oz loads for the 20 gauge guns are a dream to shoot, and they break targets , too. I have seen factory shells with this load.I shoot a Browning XS in 20 gauge with 32 inch barrels and Briley choke tubes and I have never felt at a disadvantage even with my 3/4 oz reloads. JM

·
Registered
319 Posts
[QUOTE=" I shoot 7/8oz #8 for everything now, so it doesn't matter much whether it comes out of a 20b or a 12b. [/QUOTE]
+1 and the 12g will in all likelihood be a bit heavier and absorb recoil a bit better.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts