Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Climate: The Great Opportunity to Pull Down America

Ever wondered why so many climate critiques of US policy emphasise that “the world” is moving to embrace climate measures, and America should keep up? As an Australian, an outsider, I have a theory. I believe the reason is the national desire to be liked and accepted by the global community is America’s greatest weakness – and the rest of the world knows it.

Why would even friends and allies of America pick on this weakness? There is no conspiracy. In the bully school yard of global politics, there doesn’t have to be a reason to pick on a weakness. That kid who is a little fat, or wants to be friends with people who reject him or her, or who wears clothes which are a little too nice – they’ll get picked on, just because people can.

Nobody wants to feel second best. Deep in their hearts, everyone in the world knows that America achieved greatness through hard work, commitment to fair laws, and through the wisdom of the constitution written by the founding fathers, which set important limits to government power. But politicians who spend their time resenting those who do better don’t see it that way. To admit that another country might have a better government, a better way of living, is to admit their own gross failings.

Lacking the energy or desire to build themselves up, instead they try to find ways to tear others down, to bring the great down to the level of their own miserable ineptitude.

The green obsession, Washington corruption, desire for international acceptance – all these are simply convenient levers, for extorting a little cash, for smearing America with a little of the mud and filth, which those who wallow in such excrement call home.

It doesn’t even matter that if America fell, most of the world would be worse off. What matters is that if America falls, the spiteful politicians who resent America wouldn’t have to be constantly reminded of America’s greatness. They wouldn’t have to face the unrest of their own people, the constant demands for a better life, because there would be no better life to aspire to. “See, that America you once thought was so great? You are better off accepting what you have. The greatness you thought you saw was just a mirage”.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Buck's theory:
"I believe the reason is the national desire (????) to be liked and accepted by the global community is America’s greatest weakness – and the rest of the world knows it."
I added the emphasis to Buck's theory to help make a point. I'm going to respectfully disagree with what he wrote because I don't believe there's a NATIONAL desire, but rather a Left-wing nut job desire to be "liked and accepted by the global community".
It's the same sickness that creates the entire class of "elite limousine liberals" we're having to deal with these days. These wealthy liberal elites feel some kind of guilt ( I guess....) and seem to need acceptance from those less fortunate.
No, I don't get it either...but we see it all the time. Hollyweird millionaires who have never done ANYTHING productive besides being a source of "entertainment"
feel the need to tell everyone else out here how we should live, what she should believe and what sacrifices we should be willing to make....
in order to make THEM feel better.
Ya ever notice that THEY aren't opening their mansion gates to the flood of illegal invaders. They aren't firing their armed guards, but they have all the answers for you and me.
As an average American, I don't give a rat's butt if the "global community" likes my country or accepts my way of life.

I'm not an isolationist btw...but I do maintain that America should be looking out for American interests...and NOT be ashamed of it.
America should be engaged with the "global community"...on OUR terms and if ANYONE or ANY ENTITY in that community attempts to disrupt or destroy American interests...we HAMMER THEM unmercifully.
Economically, technically, and if necessary with the full force of our military.
Probably won't need to shut down more than a couple of tin-pot loons before the rest get in line.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great retort Don.. Spoken like a true American. Nothing wrong with feeling proud and superior about our once great nation. That's how we got to be who and what we are. Too bad the gang of nitwits in DC don't understand that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts